Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Injectors, what would you suggest???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 11:35 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a new Mach 1.6 now. (-: "The Mach AF" Lots of updates and additional work. The newest design changes are really neat.

Staggered holes for increased tip strength, a new accuflow nozzle in which we flow each individual spray hole and balance them to one another Vs the older way of balancing each nozzle as a whole unit with all the spray holes measured together. This effort takes the injectors to the highest levels of accuracy no one else can match. Also, a new pintle design which helps quiet idle and discharge fuel in a more temperature friendly manner. They are still produced using the high strength steel we have always used. This steel has allowed our nozzles to remain in service for long periods. I have sets that are 7-8 years old I get in it for cleaning with over 150,000 miles at least monthly now.

Pricing: For the last 8 years now, we have not had a price increase. While others are creeping up between 6 and 15% per year. Our costs for materials has always gone up at least 5% per year, but usually it is more.

Expect some pricing increases for the new Mach "AF" series for the first time ever, but it is modest. And, the highest resale always goes to the Mach injectors. I suspect the AF's will be even better.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When will these new injectors be available for sale ? I'm looking for my final
upgrade with injectors, then I'm done
Old 01-28-2011, 06:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been running my 1.6s for 5 years now they are great with my mods with a stock HX35 I put down 335 hp 800 tq and my MPGs are in the mid 20s( when my wife drives)
I also tow extremely heavy loads with out any real issue ,I might have to keep an eye on the pyro in the summer but its very easy to control machs are worth there $$
Old 01-31-2011, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Don M
There is a new Mach 1.6 now. (-: "The Mach AF" Lots of updates and additional work. The newest design changes are really neat.

Staggered holes for increased tip strength, a new accuflow nozzle in which we flow each individual spray hole and balance them to one another Vs the older way of balancing each nozzle as a whole unit with all the spray holes measured together. This effort takes the injectors to the highest levels of accuracy no one else can match. Also, a new pintle design which helps quiet idle and discharge fuel in a more temperature friendly manner. They are still produced using the high strength steel we have always used. This steel has allowed our nozzles to remain in service for long periods. I have sets that are 7-8 years old I get in it for cleaning with over 150,000 miles at least monthly now.

Pricing: For the last 8 years now, we have not had a price increase. While others are creeping up between 6 and 15% per year. Our costs for materials has always gone up at least 5% per year, but usually it is more.

Expect some pricing increases for the new Mach "AF" series for the first time ever, but it is modest. And, the highest resale always goes to the Mach injectors. I suspect the AF's will be even better.
When will the Mach AF injectors be available?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:25 AM
The Guru

Originally Posted by Don M

Don, have you done any flow measurements with your injectors using fluid? And how much of fluid volume ratio horsepower do you use? You using 6 hole or 7 holes nozzles for the VP24 stuff.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:41 AM

I have 243000 klm on my stock tranny and it shifts great so far. I see boost at 35 psi at pryo temps of 1100 towing my 10,000 fiver. I want to install a new set of sticks for about 50 hp extra for towing,but don`t want to have to watch the pryro all the time. I have installed 4" cool duals and a cold air kit so far. Just need to know if what I can get for injectors to give me that little extra power towing my fiver. Thanks Don T
Old 02-01-2011, 07:55 AM
The Guru

Don T, your truck is a 12V, its different nozzle used than the 24v. I would stay away from the 370 nozzles (155 deg spray angle). Ya they make power, but if you run to much timing you'll start firing outside the bowl with them pretty easy. 370 injectors haze more, run higher egt's and smoke more at WOT. I would stay with the 215 (145 deg spray angle) injectors.

For towing and a slight power increase, I would consider water/methanol. No real bad side effects, except you'll have to refill the tank once per tank fill-up.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:02 AM

Mike H

Where can I do some reading on water/methanol ? Is there a lot to install it? Thanks for the reply . Thanks Don T
Old 02-02-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Don, care to share what K-factor you are using? J/K
Old 02-02-2011, 01:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Don, have you done any flow measurements with your injectors using fluid? And how much of fluid volume ratio horsepower do you use? You using 6 hole or 7 holes nozzles for the VP24 stuff.
I'm not seeing anything VP related on the site. Is it still www.f1diesel.com?

JH
Old 02-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN
I'm not seeing anything VP related on the site. Is it still www.f1diesel.com?

JH
Awesome, one less vendor for our trucks!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:26 PM

Here's the link for the site http://www.f1diesel.com/injectors24.html
But i don't see anything about the new injectors. Everything on the
Whats New page is from back in 2004.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:57 PM

Cpp has a new design injector sac nozzle. We run them in our 99 and they are very nice. We've had mach's too, you can't go wrong with either.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by HOHN
Don, care to share what K-factor you are using? J/K
HOHN

You lost me there, I was surprised at what the #10 TP did for my truck towing. Its a lot better towing my fiver,I can keep up and run the speed limit , but the hills still kill the truck and lose speed, I don`t plan to change the stock turbo and have add cold air kit and 4" MBRP cool duals for a good exhaust flow.The valve body on my auto trans has been set up and the trans works good, I don`t like the tc and will change it to a single lock this spring for towing this summer. I just need to know what injectors I could look at to get another 50 Hp. I will be taking a trip across Canada in two years and my Wife will do some driving towing, so I don`t want something she will burn up ,there is no way she will watch a pro or any gauge lol. Just drive. Thanks Don
Old 02-11-2011, 07:50 AM
The Guru

Don T, just reading what you posted, I would leave in stock injectors or run the RV275's. My opinion, if you go to a 100rwhp sized injector, empty, not working the truck you will be ok. If you tow heavy and have big hills to pull, don't want to watch gauges, go with the stock sticks.

Quick Reply: Injectors, what would you suggest???