Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Injectors for moderate power

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injectors for moderate power

I know I may be opening up a can of worms and I've tried researching these things but mostly I get into threads talking about max power.

What I'm wondering is what are your suggestions for an cost-effective set of injectors for my truck? Mostly what I'm after is better fuel economy and a little more power is a very nice side benefit. As you can tell by my sig, my engine's "middle aged," so bombing--in my mind at least--is out. I think injectors will be the last engine upgrade I do until it needs an overhaul. My feelings are some 275-300 hp injectors but do I order a complete set with new bodies or just nozzles, again given the age of the stock injectors?

Reputable sources and what I can expect to pay? There're TONS of injectors on places like eBay but I haven't figured out how to sort out the good from the crap.

Thanks for your help in advance. There's a lot of technical experience and knowledge on here that makes these kinds of decisions a lot easier to make.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:51 PM

I'm running the 275 injectors. From the dyno report i got in August, it's putting out 282 HP with 850 Torque.

George
Old 12-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Registered

the best injectors out there are Mach's (IMO) you could run a set of mach 1's or 1.6's. Which ever you choose. or even 2's.

Or you could go with the rv injectors. Good buy at a nice price

or you could get you some jammer tips. like stage 1's or 2's.

I have ran the jammer nozzles before. Good cheap power.

The choice is yours. The machs are more expensive, but they are worth it. The rv's are nice and the jammers are cheap (but still good)
Old 12-21-2006, 04:35 PM

Ok, I've been googling "mach 1 injector," "mach injector," "mach cummins," "mach dodge," "cummins injector," "diesel injector," etc. in search of Mach 1's with no luck. Anybody have any links to the manufacturer?

What I'm kind of deciding is a +75 hp injector, which should bring my engine up to 300-310 hp and add 150-200 ft/lb of torque. Is that about right? Then, what about fuel economy? About how much better could I expect out of a 75 hp injector? Assuming, of course, I don't get addicted to the increased power. . . heh, heh.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I run the RV275's. Icing on the cake for my towing purposes. I'm done modding.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by utvaquero
Ok, I've been googling "mach 1 injector," "mach injector," "mach cummins," "mach dodge," "cummins injector," "diesel injector," etc. in search of Mach 1's with no luck. Anybody have any links to the manufacturer?

What I'm kind of deciding is a +75 hp injector, which should bring my engine up to 300-310 hp and add 150-200 ft/lb of torque. Is that about right? Then, what about fuel economy? About how much better could I expect out of a 75 hp injector? Assuming, of course, I don't get addicted to the increased power. . . heh, heh.

check out www.f1diesel.com for info.

i started out with 50hp injectors, now 100hp and i want bigger already and its only been a week.
when i started i was going for MPG gain, well that went down the drain, i dont care about mpg, i want more power!!!!
so my advice is to GO BIG if you even think you might get addicted(like almost everyone else) or start out with some type of edge jammer nozzle, so you wont have so much invested, when you decide to upgrade JMO!

good luck, dieselfan
Old 12-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dieselfan
so my advice is to GO BIG if you even think you might get addicted(like almost everyone else) or start out with some type of edge jammer nozzle, so you wont have so much invested, when you decide to upgrade JMO!

good luck, dieselfan
Most of us have decided that what we used to think would be more than enough, is not nearly enough. Be warned...
Old 12-22-2006, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by displacedtexan
Most of us have decided that what we used to think would be more than enough, is not nearly enough. Be warned...
He's not kidding. Once you start adding power, you can't make yourself stop.

One component will break, and so you add a bigger badder one, then something else goes, and you beef that up, pretty soon the truck is a beast and your paycheck will go to feeding and maintaining it. My truck, sitting innocently in my diesel stained driveway right now, can chew up $400 in the blink of an eye, without even a burp. But I sure do love it.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:13 AM

Id go with a mild set of jammer nozzles. Very inexpensive. I had great luck with a set of 4s.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by dieselfan
check out www.f1diesel.com for info.

i started out with 50hp injectors, now 100hp and i want bigger already and its only been a week.
when i started i was going for MPG gain, well that went down the drain, i dont care about mpg, i want more power!!!!

good luck, dieselfan
I'll agree with the go big part. When I got my injectors I was debating between stage 3 or stage 5 Jammers. I went big and I'm glad I did. Also, I've been very pleased with the jammers. I got them already assembled, tested, balanced, etc. for a great price from www.citydiesel.net
Old 12-22-2006, 08:31 AM

I know how it is trying to research and even find some of this stuff. Wideopendiesel.com I belive is the manufacturer. I would suggest using the Mach 2's.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:41 AM

I LOVE my Mach 2's on my otherwise pretty much stock truck. Never dynoed though....but my guess is around 280-300ish RWHP....Smoke is VERY managable by themselves....EGT's are never an issue...even with a full 48' Enclosed trailer or 53' car hauler with 2 rigs on it........o yeah....mileage didnt change from stock.....still 17-18 MPG unloaded....
Old 12-22-2006, 10:04 AM

You guys are all great. I've checked both those websites out (citydiesel.net and F1diesel.com) and both manufacturers appear to have similar horsepower claims. The biggest difference, of course, is how much money each one wants for their injectors. I'm considering the Edge Products Stage 3-4 Jammers for ~$270 (tips only) or complete ones for ~$385 rather than $800 for a set of Mach 2's. Unless someone can school me why Mach 2s are superior to Edge Jammers.

But, really, thanks for your input. Can't wait to test the waters of even more power.

A couple of questions about tips vs. complete injectors: do the injector housings get significant wear on them after 200,000+ miles of service with the tips repeatedly opening and slamming or would it generally be safe to go with just a set of tips? Also, if I did go the route of tips only, would it still be best to test them and what's involved in testing injectors?

Thanks a million.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Timberman
He's not kidding. Once you start adding power, you can't make yourself stop.

One component will break, and so you add a bigger badder one, then something else goes, and you beef that up, pretty soon the truck is a beast and your paycheck will go to feeding and maintaining it. My truck, sitting innocently in my diesel stained driveway right now, can chew up $400 in the blink of an eye, without even a burp. But I sure do love it.
ya I started with a comp box, I thought that was more power than any one needed . Now look where I'm at and still add'in on. The one that said "a boat is a hole in the water, that one throws money in" NEVER bombed a diesel before
Old 12-22-2006, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by utvaquero
You guys are all great. I've checked both those websites out (citydiesel.net and F1diesel.com) and both manufacturers appear to have similar horsepower claims. The biggest difference, of course, is how much money each one wants for their injectors. I'm considering the Edge Products Stage 3-4 Jammers for ~$270 (tips only) or complete ones for ~$385 rather than $800 for a set of Mach 2's. Unless someone can school me why Mach 2s are superior to Edge Jammers.

But, really, thanks for your input. Can't wait to test the waters of even more power.

A couple of questions about tips vs. complete injectors: do the injector housings get significant wear on them after 200,000+ miles of service with the tips repeatedly opening and slamming or would it generally be safe to go with just a set of tips? Also, if I did go the route of tips only, would it still be best to test them and what's involved in testing injectors?

Thanks a million.
I just bought Stage 3 Jammers from EBAY for $194 shipped. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE...QQcmdZViewItem
You can also check out my posts because I have been asking the same exact ??'s as you.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=128595

Quick Reply: Injectors for moderate power