Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

injectors on hold, mpg problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
injectors on hold, mpg problem

ok so i was going to do injectors, everyone seemed to think the 1.6s were my best choice. well i use the RBP additive in every tank, i ran out a few weeks ago and figered id go a few tanks without, i was getting arond 14 mpg around town with the additive now im doing 11.5 mpg without it. correct me if im wrong but that sounds really low for my setup. iv been throughing 2 codes one for low voltage in the map, that seems to be just my adrinalin conection getting a little lose. the other is the crank positioning sensor. there not constent it goes away then throughs them agen maybe once a week if that. i still have the resignator on my exost too, dont think that makes a big differens sence its flow through desine. i havent been setting my chip past 3. checked breaks, and all the ushual simple colprets but im a little lost at the moment as to what it could be. any ideas?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok i want to bump this back up and tell u what the only 2 good diesel shops in town said and see if it sounds right. they said after going over everything with me on my truck we could think of its probibly time for the injectors to be changed, or the injection pump is going out, or a combination of that plus a few other things so i can get everything tested which would take weeks and alot of money or i could just start replacing things starting with the injectors. this make sence? sound like a smart move?