Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Injectors, cast your vote

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 02:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EGaskamp
Check with JR Adkins. I'm running a set of his stage 4's in my truck right now and I couldn't be happier. The truck runs smooth and has no bucking or rough idle like the jammers do (although the bucking can sound cool at times!). Plus the power is unreal. I'd give JR a call. Just my $.02

Eric

Sure, and maybe J.R. take better care of YOU when the injector loses a tip and melts the engine than a poor KYTDR fella.

I know nothing of J.R. and have to respect the work he's done that so many people like. His turbos are especially well known.

But I would be doing a disservice to the DTR reader to not mention how he has had his injectors fail catastophically.

Do a search for "caveat emptor" on my name, and read the linked KYDTR thread.

JH
Old 04-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any thing passed a comp, and the clutch is in jeoparey. my vote on a budget is the jammers also. Just be saving for the clutch, cuz shes going to go sooner than later
Old 04-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Banned

thanks for the info. Hohn. Honesty can make a huge difference in somebody's pocketbook. I think I have a deal on some Mach 1.5's..
Old 04-19-2006, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN
Sure, and maybe J.R. take better care of YOU when the injector loses a tip and melts the engine than a poor KYTDR fella.

I know nothing of J.R. and have to respect the work he's done that so many people like. His turbos are especially well known.

But I would be doing a disservice to the DTR reader to not mention how he has had his injectors fail catastophically.

Do a search for "caveat emptor" on my name, and read the linked KYDTR thread.

JH
Are you sure thats the whole story?

I called J.R. nearly a year ago and talked to him about a set of big injectors and he informed me that ALL of his injectors were for OFF-ROAD use only and had a waver for me to sign. I purchased a set with the intentions of using them for dyno competitions only and have used them for just that. There is always two sides of the story.

James
Old 04-20-2006, 08:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The only people who know the WHOLE story are J.R. and the other person involved.

I'd suggest you contact them each and give them a chance to give their side of the story.

From what I can tell, the only FACTS I'm certain of are:
1) The injector tips failed after J.R. modified them, and
2) the customer was not happy with how the problem was remedied or not remedied

NOw, obviously we can't take the above situation to mean that J.R. makes junk or that his injectors will always fail-- that's simply not true. Lots of fellas running J.R. sticks and making good power with them..

But it's certainly reason to give a person pause. Injector failures aren't common (at least on a non-HPCR truck), so when it happens, it makes headlines. So I'd say that the drama that played out is an important piece to consider, but it's certainly NOT the whole story.....

JMO