Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Injectors 101, please chip in your thoughts..

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injectors 101, please chip in your thoughts..

After reading a guide on proper building order, I found that injectors should go on befor your electronic chips/programmers, and after your intake, exhaust, and FP upgrade. (They liked a little pusher to feed the stock LP, but thats another thread!)

SO, my question is about injectors. I see from reading that you can go from Jammers (cheap) to Machs (very expensive). I see that you can basically go from 50 hp to 300 hp(?) i.e. Mach1, or Jammer stage 5 or RV275 etc. Please assume that my existing truck is set up with K&N drop in, and 4" turbo back, HX35W turbo (what does the W stand for anyways?). I am 90% sure that I'll be getting the Edge Juice with Attitude, as it will provide the guages. (Don't start up about real guages as that also is another thread )

1) Is there a significant amount of difference in construction, and or performance, to justify spending big money on Machs vs. Jammers?

2) With a pusher LP, is there enough fuel for any sized injector?

3) Does nozzle size affect everyday drivability? In other words, would 4's be too much?

4) Can you upgrade nozzles without a programmer/chip?

5) Does a 100HP nozzle give you 100 extra HP, like just like that???

6) Assuming that I have installed 100HP Injectors, If I then install my Edge Juice, do I now have a total 220 EXTRA ponies, as well as unlimited torque numbers?

7) When you buy a set, do they come with everything you need for installation, or do you need new sleeves, or washers or O-rings or whatever?

8) Would it not be wise to start on #6 while you are fresh, rather than end up on the hardest one?

9) Is there anything I left out?

10) Can I beat a Duratrash now?

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all of your help, it is truely priceless.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you bad aZZ Mighty CTD owners, and your loved ones!!
Old 12-22-2006, 11:48 AM

1) Is there a significant amount of difference in construction, and or performance, to justify spending big money on Machs vs. Jammers?
A:Very Much So, Higher Quality and much more research always makes a better product!

A:Is your Truck SO or HO? With a good Pump like fass, you should have enough up to a 200 horse nozzle

3) Does nozzle size affect everyday drivability? In other words, would 4's be too much?
A:I drive Mach 6's every day! Smokey but easily done!

A:Yes, But Added timing Helps! It really depends what you want to do , but you wont see the true injector without a box or smarty!

A:Search for some dyno results, usually they rate them with other mods like boxes/ exh./ Turbos and so on!

6) Assuming that I have installed 100HP Injectors, If I then install my Edge Juice, do I now have a total 220 EXTRA ponies, as well as unlimited torque numbers?
A:no the two work in conjunction to truly see those numbers, someone thats dynoed in stages can jump in with some numbers!

7) When you buy a set, do they come with everything you need for installation, or do you need new sleeves, or washers or O-rings or whatever?
A:Mine Did! All Depends where you buy them! (what company!) Most Do!

8) Would it not be wise to start on #6 while you are fresh, rather than end up on the hardest one?
A:Its all in how you drive , if you watch your gauges!

A:Probably , but someoen will chime in!

A:Most Likely, The Autos are pretty quick, ive got one , It runs pretty good! but your every day duratrash and powerchoke sure!

Someone else jump in if i got something wrong, this was in a hurry!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sluggo42

Yes. I have Jammers. They were cheap, but smoke a lot. I have good power and can't complain, but I'd sure like some Mach's!

No. With my Edge Juice/Att and Jammers, I could pull the stock fuel pressure down to 3-4 PSI. I put on a Vulvan Relocation/Big Line kit for $130 and love it. Search my posts for numbers.

Sorry, never drove anything by these.

I don't see why not.

I don't think so. I think the rating is more of a "these injectors are capable of this horse power with enough fuel and air" type of thing.

Negative. It all depends on how you set it up and how well everything works together to perform efficiently.

Sorry. Bought my Jammers off Blackdiesel and just replaced the whole injector and sent the old ones to him. I just had to swap the oring.

Start in the front so when you get to the back you are well adept to the process. Why figure out how everything works at the hardest point?

Ya. There are a thousand more questions and once you get it all done, you'll have a thousand more! That is why we are all here...to learn and help.

Not necessarily. Those crappy auto-shifters are hard to beat, but I would imagine that you will pass them in a block or two and make them eat some soot. My theory is not to beat them in a 1/4 mile, just to pull five of them at a time.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all of your help, it is truely priceless.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you bad aZZ Mighty CTD owners, and your loved ones!!
Merry Christmas to you....now...I'm going to go rest my fingers from answering all these questions!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 02:03 PM

Vulcan kits working fine for me

Some people daily drive with 150 injectors and a hx35, but its a hot setup and too hot for towing.

The timing of a box/programmer will bring temps down a bit and offer boost fooling capabiliites and a boost elbow so you can get some more air out of that hx35 of yours =P

Depends on the brand and if you have enough air

Not with the stock turbo unless you want meltdown temps. When BigBlue was running 100hp injectors and a edge comp with an aftermarket turbo he dyno'd 398 (with the a/c on =p) Note- he also ran a valve body for the auto tranny

I've heard if you buy just the tips you should have them pop tested

Well if ya can't, you can still hook and drag him =P