Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Injector Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 06:36 AM

Location: Dayton, NJ (temporarily while In USCG on Staten Island)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injector Recommendations

Morning all, I am researching injectors finally, and want to see what you guys think I should run. The truck is pretty much stock engine wise, and I daily drive about 100 miles. Should I stick with new stock or go with the 275's or something alomg those lines. Any help would be appreciated.

Stephen
Old 12-05-2005, 07:48 AM

I'm going with Mach 1 injectors and magna flow exhaust..... We will seee if it was the right choice this week =)
Old 12-05-2005, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depends on where you are headed with your truck. Also, might want to list tranny type in Signature.

With over 150,000 miles on your truck, It's a safe bet that your stock injectors have seen better days.....so any replacement will be an improvement.

275's are great bang for your buck....but still stock type quality. Mass produced Bosch injectors have been known to show signs of wear as early as 60,000 miles..... and most members that start with 275's usually upgrade later on....as they only add about 40 hp at rear wheels.
F-1, Mach injectors are widely accepted as state of the art, custom injectors and come in HP range from 65hp up to 240 hp. Mach 1-Mach 2's won't hurt clutch or auto trans and give a "whole new truck" feeling. See info here ...... http://www.f1diesel.com/
I don't know anyone that went with F-1 "sticks" that does not love them and consider them worth the cost. They will smoke less and give best chance of improving mileage.

Good luck...and with winter weather....bet you are counting the days till you can get home! (Garden City originally, so I feel your pain).

RJ
Old 12-05-2005, 08:28 AM

you really cant beat the 275's for the price. I think I paid $280 for them on ebay and they make a huge difference when towing. I would get the 275's and an EZ rather then bigger injectors. That is a great combo for towing and everyday driving that will really bump up the power and give you some decent mileage gains. It will be a huge improvement over your current set up
Old 12-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Banned

DetroitDiesel71,

As Bigdeezul mentioned if you add a box like an EZ or a van Aaken and a set of 275RV's you'll be real happy. Even just the 275's by themselves are a great upgrade. Most folks say they don't really feel much difference with them until you load the truck and then you have a whole new found performance level, very little to 0 smoke etc if that's important to you as well.

We stock the NEW Bosch 275RV's and the Ebay price that was mentioned is actually a few pennies more than our selling price so if you decide to go that way call us or call if you have any other questions as well we'll be glad to help answer them for you.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 12-05-2005, 10:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
<<<Insert duplicate of RJohnson's post here>>>
Old 12-05-2005, 10:19 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man I wish those Don M's weren't so pricey. I Know, I know, you get what you pay for.

I have to think that something like 70% of people that get the 275's are doing it based on price alone. Problem is that +/- 70% of those same people end up with 80-100HP sticks a year later anyway.

I can't afford them at the moment, but I have yet to read or hear anything less than absolute praise for the Don & the F-1's and think that I will be heading that route when the funds allow.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:30 AM

They are worth saving for, imo
Old 12-05-2005, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by HOHN
They are worth saving for, imo

I agree, but with the thought of blowing a tranny, might want to save for transmission upgrades before big sticks. I am about to run the EZ and the 275's together. I hope I get some of my mileage back since my injectors have 146,000 on them. I am also adding gauges at the same time.

Next will be a valve body for the transmission.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm getting 275's this weekend. Used, but from a good source.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:06 PM

I am looking for something along the same lines and I found these on Ebay today item #8018886843 has anyone done business with these folks?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:13 PM
P.J
Banned

Tengu,
Those scare me..................

This is a pretty important component in the grand scheme of you truck performing well.

Seems like they have sold quite a few. If you really wanted to know you could solicit a response from some of the people that bought the nozzles to see what they think AFTER the install.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:23 PM
P.J
Banned

Go to their website, they sell Jammer nozzles. Both the 50's and 75's are under $200.

I'd rather have the assembled sets though.

http://www.gofastengineering.com/performanceDiesel2.htm

And, they are selling Comps for the price of and EZ.

Violating MAP?

Huh?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:23 PM

They probably get around this because an auction is not an advertisement, hence no MAP violation.

Or, if you hate low pricing that much, you could always report them to the manufacturer and see if that helps.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by P.J
Tengu,
Those scare me..................

This is a pretty important component in the grand scheme of you truck performing well.

Seems like they have sold quite a few. If you really wanted to know you could solicit a response from some of the people that bought the nozzles to see what they think AFTER the install.
I don't care much for nozzles but seeing as how I'm only looking to make 35 more hp than I am now, they were an economical decision. I'm getting them on sunday and I've got a 1 1/2hr trip home with them once I get them installed so I'll give yall an idea on how they work. They are 90hp EDM nozzles.

Quick Reply: Injector Recommendations