Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

injector nozzles

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nozzles. Stage 4. And no, your clutch wont handle it. I won't dare recomemd a clutch brand as this will start a huge fight on here.

KP
Old 05-20-2005, 05:07 PM

Will my clutch handle stage three? And will either of those (3's or4's) work well towing heavy?
Old 05-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Muted User

No not really. MOst guys start slipping the clutch with just 275's and a comp box. Lots of other guys are fine. Its kind of hit and miss. But one things for sure, the first time it starts slipping,,,,, the end is very near.. cause then it goes fast. If you are ok with that and planning on changing the clutch anyway, then go with threes or fours. Then when the clutch goes, it goes so what. I allways advocate big injectors. As for EGT's thats what your gauge and lifting up your right foot is for.

KP
Old 05-20-2005, 09:29 PM

Macjazzy,
I don't know much about the VA boxes and if they are adjustable, but when I put on my TST PM3 with some Mach 1.5's I was fine for a few months and I always had it on set on 9. Once the clutch started to go, I cut the box back to 6 and drove it with no probs untill I put a new clutch in it. There is no way I could've towed though. I'm with 600 Megawatts, order the big injectors and get ready for a clutch. Just watch the smoke around NoVa.
Aaron
Old 05-20-2005, 09:41 PM

Smokey, I actually live in centerville. What a small world. Would love to get together sometime to compare trucks, there is so much i want to do but am afraid to give up towing ability or drivability. I commute every day to Sterling. Traffic suck around here. I think we are a pair of the few who suffer it with manual transmissions!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:47 PM

Talking

You've got along way to go before giving up towing ability or driveability. The more money i dump into mine, the better it drives
Old 05-21-2005, 06:27 PM

just wanna let you guys know jammers= junk, i went down to Advanced diesel tech yesterday and me and doug pop tested and replaced every nozzle, and it still missed. I was in disbelief. I started thinkin maybe something else was wrong, (inj. pump, etc.) But doug over nighted me a set from industrial injection. 7 holes at 10 thousanths - 170hp. and runs perfectley now. as you seen before, you get what you pay for. Maybe the best thing to do is learn the word patience and save up a lil dough and get a real set of injectors. trust me, you dont wanna get this good at changing injectors for this reason.my story

(insert numerous " mine runs great" comments below)
Old 05-22-2005, 12:41 AM

clear it up for me, did you end up with the new nozzles or whole injectors? i'm just in the research mode right now, so when people sling all these guys names around i'm kind of lost. bbut if a guy can get 100HP from a $250 set of nozzles rather than a $500 set of injectors, thats big for my wallet.

i'm saving up for some "stuff" i just bought a spare ECM (hint hint) for step one.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:02 AM

whole injectors, now i know what your thinkin, cheap horsepower. But it comes down to a set of el cheapos that may run fine, or you'll be opening your wallet or your valve cover several times a day trying to finger out why your truck runs like a cow patty. like i said, do what you like but im just trying to save you the pain in the pants i had.( and possibly a melted piston)
Old 05-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Were the other nozzles returned? I would be curious to hear what the dealer said with regards to your problems. If it was a manufacture defect, surely they would have sent you another set to try? I know there was another guy on here who had problems with these injector nozzles and the dealer took care of him.

I just hate to hear blanket statements like Brand X = Junk, without some additional information.

I'm not flamming you by the way, just trying to get the full story.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:55 PM

I've installed a dozen or so jammers that I get from a reputal source and have never had one problem.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:47 PM

they were returned, and refunded. I tryed them on my cores and on rv275 cores, and 2 sets of nozzles. every thing was cleaned with brakecleaner before pop testing, and stiill several of the nozzle were drippy. im not alone here. try em out, dont work? return and try something else. People look at these post as a reference and i apoligize for not being in depth, i hate typing alot. but read all my post and my thread about em and you should get all the info you need.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the reply, Meatball. I hope this is not a trend, as injector nozzles are a economical way to increase HP. Send my a PM with more info about your Industrial Injection injectors, I would like to learn more about them.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:51 PM

Sorry to revive such an old thread but I have a question. How difficult is it to replace the nozzles/tips?
Old 06-01-2005, 05:34 PM

Changing nozzles is easy. I put a piece of barstock in a vice to fit the injector hold-down slot (1/4" I think???) Then use a wrench (again, I think it was 15 mm) to take the nozzle off. Be careful with the spring/puck inside and make sure they stay in there the way they are supposed to. Now put your new nozzle on. Its pretty easy.

Also, FWIW, my Jammer 4s are out of my truck right now because of the same issues Meatball had. Bad idle when warmed up. I reinstalled them twice, had them shimmed/pop tested twice by two different shops and they ran poorly both times.

Now they are out and I am going to try another large (for me) injector in their place. Also, both sets they were replaced with during the re-shimming process ran and idled perfectly smooth, so it isn't a bad fuel tube or anything like that. And the same person (me) did all of the installs.

So, I'll see what another 125hp injector runs like, and if they are smooth, then I have made up my mind that these Jammers are no good. Just my personal experience with my own truck that I know pretty well and have driven for 91,000 miles.

I have to go overseas for work for 2 1/2 weeks so if anyone has questions, I'll post when I get back.

Thanks,
Jason

Quick Reply: injector nozzles