Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

injector ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so you've never seen it damage an engine? on both trucks ive installed nozzles on they didnt run rough, idle inconsistently, make more noise at idle. So i can conclude that pop testing injectors is a waste of time and money and id rather spend both else where. Where they are needed.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by blackdiesel02
on both trucks ive installed nozzles on
So you've done a whole 2 sets? If you choose to do something a way different than the accepted norm, that's fine...but don't try to pass it off as fine for everyone. Everyone else out there that may take your information as gospel, may not have your same luck - and then where will they be.

For you people out there that are looking for the information, call your local Bosch dealer and ask them if they recommend moving nozzles on tips of mechanically fired injectors around and not checking the pop pressures. If you think about how the internals of the injectors work, and what they do and go through, it's just logical to at least test them to be right.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:31 PM

Not to mention if the pop off pressure it too low it could eventually melt pistons.
I have seen one truck idle like Sh*t and when he installed them he did not have his injectors pop tested and turns out that was the problem. It ended up costing him more b/c i had to remove the injectors and send them out when he could have just had them done before having whoever install them.

Just go and get them pop tested, it is pretty simple.

Chris
Old 02-13-2006, 04:36 PM

Check around with different shops... One of our local shops will check the pressure for free.. but its 20-25 if they have to adjust the pressures... and you don't even have to let them adjust the presssure.

On an average, I have to adjust more injectors than I don't... Nothing to do do with what ever brand nozzle I'm installing.. Just the stock springs, and components... (And I don't always have to increase the pressures... I had a few that were at 360bar.. )

You'll be much happier with them tested...
Good Luck,
Bryan
Old 02-13-2006, 04:39 PM

If his truck is a third gen common rail the nozzles wont work anyway, at least I think.I thought the jammer nozzles were just for the 24 valve in the second gen. trucks.Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eric13
If his truck is a third gen common rail the nozzles wont work anyway, at least I think.I thought the jammer nozzles were just for the 24 valve in the second gen. trucks.Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
he has an 02
Old 02-13-2006, 05:49 PM

Here's a thought too...call the manufacturer of the nozzles and ask what they recommend.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by KLockliear
Here's a thought too...call the manufacturer of the nozzles and ask what they recommend.

Wouldn't happen to know the contact person for them there Jammers just right off the top of your head would you!!!!!!