Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

infinity speaker removal? (post mount gauges)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
infinity speaker removal? (post mount gauges)

Hi All,

I will be installing a 3 gauge post mount. I have to remove the infinity speaker on the drivers post and cut it to install the new post?

How does the speaker come out? and do you have to cut the original? Thanks in advance
Old 01-02-2004, 10:20 AM
DPG

You can get an A pillar gauge mount with a spot for your speaker. Check out my member photo page, you can see the gauge mount with the speaker in it. Just make sure when you order you specify that you want the gauge mount w/speaker.

You can get gauge mounts that don't require the cutting of the original A pillar cover. I cut mine because it was considerably easier to do it that way, and I plan on keeping the truck forever, and I'll never go with the gauges so I figured why not?
The A pillar mounts should be available from some of our site sponsors.

Hope that this helps some.

DeWain
Old 01-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb I didn't,,,,,,,,,

When I put my pillar mount gauges in, I removed the tweeter from the stock pillar (it just pulls out, then disconnect the wires). I put my stock pillar away for re installation should I ever want to take my gauges out when I trade the truck in or sell it. I assume that you got the complete a-pillar cover that runs from the dash all the way to the top. The tweeter will push right into place on that one and you can hold the pillar cover in place by drilling a hole towards the top of the cover all the way through to the metal a-pillar and using a self tapping screw to hold it in place. The way it fits down at the bottom by the dash will hold it in place. Some one may have a picture of their install,,,,, if not I'll take a pic when I get home from work today and post it for you.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:50 PM

Where is the best place to buy/order a pillar unit? Any different brands that are better or stay away from? I want to get one for my '96. Thanks.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:12 PM

autometer makes the pillars. try Geno's Garage. summit carries them also (saw them in the latest catalog). I just ordered my last one from advanced diesel technology advanced diesel web site they had the best price so far.
-Jason
Old 01-02-2004, 10:20 PM

I got mine from West Texas Turbo Diesel it came painted to match my interior.
http://www.westtexasturbodiesel.com/
Old 01-03-2004, 08:03 AM

I like the idea of removing the original post as well, and keeping it for the future. I really did not like the idea of hacking it up to get the new one in.

Any help on the paint? Vinyl paint or??? Thanks in advance everyone!!! awesome forum
Old 01-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's the pic to give ya an idea,,,,,

vtailflyer,
Sorry the pic isn't a little better, but I thought it may give you an idea of where I put the screw at to hold the A-Pillar gauge mount in place. It works great and does NOT move or vibrate at all. It's been up there for over two years and I've even taken it down a couple of times when running other wires. The pic in my Photo Gallery may be a little better.
Attached Thumbnails infinity speaker removal? (post mount gauges)-gauges-3a.jpg