Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Impressions of the Scotty II & Smartfuel

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
[blush]

Thanks for the great feedback! Another fellow Canuck gets BOMBed.

CTD NUT, do your friends have newer lift pumps on their trucks? Please report back on the fuel pressure results on their trucks too. You can PM the info if you like.

Scotty
Old 04-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yup, no problem.....will be installing Smart fuels on a 99 and a 01 on Saturday...we will be putting the other SA II on the 01......the 99 doesn't have a fuel pressure gauge (I know, I know...I'm working on him! ) but I'll try to put a gauge on it to measure the before and after of the Smartfuel install.....I'll verify the age of the LP's on these trucks.....sounds like we are going to have a little bomb party here!
Old 05-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Chapter President

Ok guys, here is my update after our BOMB party on the weekend.....

The 99 2500 auto we put the 2nd Smart fuel on had a dead LP! I put the Smartfuel on anyway and it ran fine.....had to pressurize the %#*@! out of the tank to push fuel through the dead LP to get the truck to start after the Smartfuel was installed! There is no fueling enhancements on this truck yet and he is parking the truck until we put a new LP on it!

Now some good news....The 3rd Smartfuel I installed was on a 01 3500 6spd HO. It had a very strong LP on and we were seeing 16 psi at WOT after the smartfuel install! The truck has no extra fueling but a Comp will be installed next week. Just a side note on the install; the 00 and later fuel filter housings make the Smartfuel slightly harder to install because of the different fitting locations.....you have to be careful to give yourself plenty of extra hose length on the line between the LP and the filter housing. I made the hose too short the first time and didn't have the proper length to make the correct size "U" shape in the hose and didn't realize this until I went to reinstall the filter housing! Fortunately, Scotty provides more than enough hose to do the job and I easily had enough to make the correct length the 2nd time!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I don't have scotty's fuel system on mine yet, I do have the intake and I love that thing. I need to put the stock air box back on and see what my egt's look like. I'm pretty sure there is gonna be a drop.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been a follower of Scottys for a long time. We used to have coffee back when he lived in Calgary with the ABC (Alberta Bombers Club).

Anyhow, now that I have had a 2nd gen for a while and some minor mods, I stepped up to the SAII from my BHAF..

I have to say, there is no comparison. The Spool up is faster for sure and even without the hole (yet) my temps have dropped by at least 50°F over the BHAF. The BHAF is just not in the same catagory.

If you are on the fence at all, you will not be disappointed. These filter systems have been around a long time and will remain so with results like that.

Thanks Scotty!!

Scotty air systems COOoooooOOoOOOLLL AIR !!!

J-eh

( I am not a vendor... just one happy customer!!!)
Old 05-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Chapter President

Yeah, I agree 100 %!! The 01 HO that I installed the last Smartfuel on also got a Scotty II w/hole at the same time.....He also had a AFE BHAF prior to that and he reported a noticable increase in spool up speed but no change egt, though, I'm sure that is because there is no additional fueling beyond stock on this truck yet....
Old 05-02-2005, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just installed my max fuel kit saturday, and for any of you on the fence, buy it. I talked to scotty and he sent exactly what I needed. The install took about 2 hours. The psi numbers are great, had 14 idle, 12 cruise and 8 wot. Now I have 16 idle, 15 cruise, 12 wot with a van aaken box. This kit really does work. Now I don't have to worry about an additional pump. Thanks scotty!