Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Immobilizer

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Immobilizer

I am looking at getting a immobilizer and want to know what the recommendations from everyone would be. I talked to ratsun and he told me about the Theftbuster and highly recommended it . Any other ideas would be great, I want to keep this truck. As ratsun told me the engine makes a great genset, and with the number of grow-ops around here it is likely to go missing and be found later with no CTD left.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:12 AM

Good question, i wonder the same. Dont wanna sleep in the back seat with my weapon of choice, in oder to catch them in the act.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:04 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Pop the distributer cap and pull the rotor. Oops, I had a gasser moment.

For a 12V put a heavy duty inline fuse on the wire to the Fuel Shutoff valve, PUll the fuse and the thief will just crank and crank with no rumble.

For a 24V find a and pull the ECM fuse (if there is one), or yank out the relay that powers it.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:20 AM

Originally posted by jrs_dodge_diesel
Pop the distributer cap and pull the rotor. Oops, I had a gasser moment.

For a 12V put a heavy duty inline fuse on the wire to the Fuel Shutoff valve, PUll the fuse and the thief will just crank and crank with no rumble.

For a 24V find a and pull the ECM fuse (if there is one), or yank out the relay that powers it.
Actually on my truck on New years eve, (I used public transportation. Dont need a dui) I pulled the fuel system relay. Its a quick immobilizer, just kinda annoying to have ta pop the hood. Wanted something a little more stealth.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:31 AM

OK guys I could do something to the truck so that know one could take it. But I am looking for something more along the lines of, I lock the doors with the remote and the immobilizer is armed and doing is job. If I have to pop the hood and remove fuses or injector pump or cylinder head that would be easy but not as easy as above. I just heard on the radio about some little box someone made that gets you past the immobilizer, but what ones I don't know. So far it looks like the theftbuster is the one to get.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:30 AM

Blue chip sold an immobilizer. It was actually made by a member here on the board. He went by "Overfueled" If I remember correctly his name was Steve. It is totally plug and play. When you get out of the truck, flip the switch. Truck won't start until you pass a magnet over a hidden reed switch.
I have a buddy that has one in his truck and it works awesome. I have one sitting here ready to go in when I get around to it. It's a little intimidating looking with all the wiring harnesses but it is a very quality piece. Actually have had it for about 2 years, but will get it in this spring.
I'm also going to do the hidden clutch pedal switch at the same time. One deterent is good, 2 is better.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:29 AM

Ya Do a search on here, and I remember what Homestead is talking about. Except I remember there was a website that you got sent to and they gave you brief instructions on how to make one, only costed like $20 or something to make, mabye less. If you wanted the complete instructions you had to buy them though, but you should be able to make one with their brief instructions. I plan on doing it, once I find that website again. Good luck.

-Jared
Old 02-02-2005, 04:00 PM

Are you sure your truck didn't come with a factory anti theft system??

My truck has the factory anti left system. When you lock the truck with the key fob, wait about 1 min or so then unlock the truck by sticking the key in the door (the old fashion way) and try to start it...

If i do the above with my truck the truck will start for about 3 seconds then shut itself off and honk the horn and flash the lights. It will not restart or stop honking until the truck is locked and then unlocked again with the key fob.

It also has a little red led light under the overhead head console that flashed when the system is armed.

Justin