Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I'm in HOG heaven

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 11:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in HOG heaven

Hey all, my new HOG 4" stainless steel exhaust arrived today.....god is if beautifull. I had never seen a HOG system in person, so this was truely a supprise. I unpacked everything, and know shipping damage like some have posted about. The finish is amazing, allmost makes me feel guilty for putting it under the truck.......not. All the hardware and clamps are stainless, and look nice. I order a 6" tip for it that is 24" long and looks like a cannon. Also the downpipe is huge, makes the stocker look silly. I guess you can tell i'm pretty stoked.....this thing is cool with a capital C. i'll get it put on sometime this week and let you know how it went. Yell I know I'm ate up...and loving it!
Old 08-27-2003, 10:30 PM

Re:I'm in HOG heaven

HOG? never heard of it....got any links?

Tom
Old 08-27-2003, 10:38 PM

wonder if hog is just somesort of nickname ?? like meaning fat or big ?? i dunno..... all i know is the 4" system i got from rip.... rips ;D ;D later,scott
Old 08-28-2003, 10:28 AM

HOG is a brand name. Don't know who really makes it, perhaps Mr. Hog, himself . One of my suppliers deals in the HOG stainless systems. No one around here runs stainless, so I have not had the pleasure of seeing one.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:34 AM

i found this on the net...HOG exhaust
Old 08-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Banned

Ok, I'll try and clear a few things up

1. First Hog is the name of there ss line of exhaust, They are manufactured by HOG PERFORMANCE, and can be reached at www.hogperformance.com . They do ALL there own systems in house, the tube bending, hanger brackets, band clamps, mufflers, and yes the system is 100% stainless steel. Every nut, washer,hange bracket,ect.
2.The system is very well made, and went together very nice. Every pipe joint slid right together, and the band clamps are a very nice upgrade from the old style u-bolts.
3.They offer three different mufflers, I chose the "quiet" one, And if you want you can turn it around for more noise. I might try that just to see the difference.
4. The hardest part of the install was removing the old system. I took the elbow loose at the turbo, and cut the old system in two places with a plasma cutter. Then put the head pipe in a vice and broke the flange bolts loose.
5. I layed the two systems side by side and the difference is huge. The old system has several places where the reduce the pipe size and the restriction is evident, the 4" system dewarths the old one.
6. All hanger were there as well as all band clamps. I had two left over so i suppose they were for different model trucks. Also I have a long bed, extended cab, so nothing had to be cut, just bolt it up.
7. I did start it up, but only for a minute or two, I had been running without a muffler so i didn't really notice to much of a change. Mainly there is a deeper tone, and the high pitch of the turbo is noticabile from the rear of the truck.
8. I will not be abile to tow for a while, so I have two wait and see about that.
9. Only thing I have to do is make a hanger for the 6" tip, shouldn't take but about 20-30 min.
10. I can honestly say I would recomend this system, it is beautifull, well made, 100% ss, goes together nice and it should last for a very long time.