Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I want some smoke!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just turn comp box to 5x5, and before the boost comes up you'll have plenty of smoke, enough to black out headlights and get in trouble.

PS: watch video
Old 02-15-2007, 12:06 PM

My dad's truck really doesn't smoke a lick and now he has the FASS Lift Pump and all. It still runs really good though.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:06 PM

Thats what I have heard from a few friends that live over there. I didn't mean to go off like that, I was just on the phone with a kid that called me and just wanted it to smoke more than his friends truck when he runs around Gatesvill another town close to me. Sorry about that. I just see emissions test in the very near future. I love to see the coal roll just as much as anyone and mine dose plenty when I want it we just need to be careful. Public opinion plays a huge role in the making of new laws. Have fun and be safe.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:23 PM

CTD Neil,
Is that picture of your truck with only the comp? Another question, I'm gettin the Juice, and looking at possibly stage 2 injectors 75hp/150lbs.tq. Do I need to get a new fuel pump? If so what size? 95gph , 150gph??? thanks.

Yes, I really do love seein that smoke pour out, but I want to control it. I don't want it all the time, it would get annoying.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jordan5687
I'll go ahead and look into those nozzles, what about mpg with that. Am I gonna sacrifice that? I'm looking into getting the tranny rebuilt, even though it doesn't need to be, it's fine right now. My mechanic re built my sisters ford 250 diesel and she doesn't have any mods on it, it's all stock. She can now outrun a new ford mustang.
The smoke is unburnt fuel. So if you're not burning it all the way, you're not getting everything out of it. I could be wrong in this theory. I'm sure someone here will let me know.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:45 PM

Jordan5687, If your talking about the small pic (avatar)? That was comp plus I had the MAP sensor unplugged, just for fooling around. All other pics are comp box only.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by 1stGen545
If all you want is cheap smoke put a trash bag over the air filter should smoke like crazy . I prefer to make POWER out of my fuel. You do what ever floats your boat. Not trying to start any thing just try not to make the diesel industry look to bad, its trucks that smoke like crazy that make us look bad and help get new emission standards passed. I like smoke but pleas keep it reasonable on the street. Stevenvill, Texas close to my home is now giving out tickets to people making excessive smoke thinks to guys that try to make more smoke than his friend and run around town fogging out every body. Not trying to be a stick in the mud just remember to have fun.
yeah i saw a white dodge and black dodge in stephenville last week smoking like crazy, i thought it was about rediculous. I didn't know about Stephenville handing out tickets though, I live near there as well
Old 02-15-2007, 07:08 PM

CTD Neil,
Yes, I was talking about that picture. Thanks. Was the comp turned up to 5x5??? What if it's 2x5 or 3x5, will it still smoke like that cause it's on the highest boost???
Old 02-15-2007, 07:09 PM

xOmertAx,

How do you like the Edge Juice and Attitude? That's what I'm looking at for my 01. Tell me what you think, thanks!
Old 02-15-2007, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jordan5687
xOmertAx,

How do you like the Edge Juice and Attitude? That's what I'm looking at for my 01. Tell me what you think, thanks!
personally, I really like it. I'm 15 and paid for it myself, so I was looking for a good value. If you are looking to save money and get a lot of power, it's for you. I get a lot of power from it, and you will notice a pretty big difference with it on the first setting over stock. I got it put on mine, then a senior drove my truck and liked it so much he got one himself. The on the fly adjustments are really nice as well. If you have any questions just pm me
Old 02-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1stGen545
If all you want is cheap smoke put a trash bag over the air filter should smoke like crazy . I prefer to make POWER out of my fuel. You do what ever floats your boat. Not trying to start any thing just try not to make the diesel industry look to bad, its trucks that smoke like crazy that make us look bad and help get new emission standards passed. I like smoke but pleas keep it reasonable on the street. Stevenvill, Texas close to my home is now giving out tickets to people making excessive smoke thinks to guys that try to make more smoke than his friend and run around town fogging out every body. Not trying to be a stick in the mud just remember to have fun.
Heh, that's what I loved about my Volvo diesel. Commuting home, I had to climb up hill. If I had someone on my tail, I'd floor it. It wouldn't go any faster, but can't tell you the number of times I looked in the rear view and saw someone tailgating me waving their hand in front of their face . That's when I fell in love with diesels!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:09 PM

thats true ajg617. I dont have any thing agenst smoke mine will make lots of it if I try but just try not to get us all a bad rap. Black smoke is un burned fuel. Smoke dose not = power, but if you are making enough power you will usualy have some smoke. I can make more power with little or no smoke than most of these guys that smoke like a fraight train, for the most part. A #10 all the way up in a stock truck will smoke a lot but I can do beter with a #10, AFE, 5"exhaust, 36psi, and some other goodies. NOS makes lots of power and can clear up all your smoke if you have things set right.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:48 PM

I can turn the box down to 2x1 or so and not have any smoke.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Banned

I have found on mine that it spools the fastest with some smoke, but then clears out. I can roll into it w/o smoke and it will spool quick, and a can hold it down and it simply will not spool. For me the best is in the middle, a little puff then it is lit and gone, assuming the clutch holds.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by TheBigNasty
I have found on mine that it spools the fastest with some smoke, but then clears out. I can roll into it w/o smoke and it will spool quick, and a can hold it down and it simply will not spool. For me the best is in the middle, a little puff then it is lit and gone, assuming the clutch holds.
That is very true. I just want people to know that you dont have to block out the sun at every stop light. Even though it looks cool.

Quick Reply: I want some smoke!!!