Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I want to find "smokers"

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i run rv275 with stage 5 jammer nozzles and sometimes i wish they didnt smoke so bad... i mean seriously i have to look in the mirrors before stepping on it because it just pours pure black smoke out for like an 1/4 mile tell the boost gets up in the 50's then it starts to thin out... i dont know how many times i had people behind me and i step on it to hear someone slam on there brakes....plus when i was down in florida i had a camero behind me that i didnt know was a state trooper and i stepped on it to get around someone and he pulled me over and he was soat me and at me.. but he was forced to let me go because im not registered in florida and my inspection sticker in north carolina says my exhuast is legal so..... SOL MR. POLICEMAN......... but yeah he was he attentionally wasted my time to try to me off...... me and the wife were like oh well and turned on a dvd on the portable dvd player we had sitting in the truck.....i mean he wasted over 45 mins sitting in his car with my license and reg...... before coming back telling me that everything was legal and i was free to go.....
Old 10-24-2005, 05:21 PM

can u unplug the map sensor if u have a powermax 3 to make it smoke more
Old 10-24-2005, 06:57 PM

Feds, etc.

RJ sounds like he's been around the block a time or two! Well said, son.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by rjohnson
We all enjoy lots of smoke...at times. Please just give some thought to having it be selectable, so you don't give the feds and the environmentalists any reasons to clamp down on the rest of us....any more than they have already.

Thanks for reading

RJ
I second that, I can smoke like a train, but choose to keep it clean out the hole just for that reason. Plus diesel fuel is a little high priced right now to watch it go out the pipe.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:14 PM

Smokin

Just Ran Out And Unhooked That Map Senser -took A Spin And Boy What A Smoke Show At Take Off . Does Any One Know If I Could Just Leave It Unhooked ?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:17 PM

Guess if you have money to burn out the exhaust all that black smoke is ok.
Ever notice the big trucks smoke less these days, pull hills better ( more hp and torq), and get better fuel mileage than they did ten years ago.
a light short trail at a shift point then clear to very light exhaust smoke is the
best use of the $3.209 per gallon fuel.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dieseldork
Just Ran Out And Unhooked That Map Senser -took A Spin And Boy What A Smoke Show At Take Off . Does Any One Know If I Could Just Leave It Unhooked ?

you bet. i run mine unpluged. it throws a code but no harm done there. just leave er like it is.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Banned

Exhibit A as to why this hobby will most likely be short lived in it's current fashion. The gov is not just going to look the other direction with every other yehoo out there leaving clouds at every light. It's fun for a bit but soon smoke sucks and one realizes that the real fun is HP
Old 10-26-2005, 11:49 PM

Go to haisleymachine.com. they have everything you would be looking for. My friend had the smoker 90's they were awsome. it smoked just idling or putting around. In my opinion they were better and more powerful injectors than another friend that had some 155's from either ats or bd i cant remember.