Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I need some help with performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need some help with performance

I live in the Kokomo, Indiana area. Yes, I know I am near Haisleys shop, but they are just so freaking pricey for everything I am lookign into autometer A-pillar mount gauges. I want FP, Boost, and EGT's, but im not really mechaniclaly inclined and this is my first diesel at only 19 so I dont want to mess anything up was wondering if someone around my area is out there that may be willing to help me install the gauges. I also was wondering about maybe going with a FASS fuel system as my next upgrade that way when I get the money I could jsut bomb the crap outta my CTd is this a good idea or not? I am just looking for help from anyone willing I was also looking at maybe boschs rv275's of course mine is a 24valve so ill need a box too whats the best? any help would be greatly appriciated thanks again.

Hoss
Old 10-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OH NO! Not another Hoss...........

Just kidding............Welcome to DTR.

First, please fill in you signature so we'll know exactly what truck you have.

I can't help with installation, but I'll tell you a little about bombing. You're on the right track...get the gages FIRST. Unless you want to upgrade your tranny and/or clutch, you will need limit yourself to a box like the Edge EZ and RV275 injectors. I have the FASS II and like it just fine, but there are cheaper ways to go. Another good consideration is an after market air box.

Browse thru the 2nd Gen threads and you will pick up a lot of information. Also check out the DTR vendors and you'll find the best prices on parts.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the DTR dude!!!

The gauges are fairly easy to install, it doesn't take much mech. knowledge to hook them up. Some places even sell a complete wiring harness for your gauges, so all you have to do is hook them up to the back of the gauges and WAALLAAHH! Power to the gauges is really easy seeing how your fuse block is directly underneath where your pillar goes so it's fairly easy running the wires.

And yes, the FASS is the way to go if you are planning any performance upgrades at all. These stock fuel systems kinda suck so it is a REALLY good idea!!!