Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I need some gauges

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need some gauges

I need gauges I want a 3 gauge a-pillar pod with pyrometer, trans temp, and fuel pressure. I was wondering if this is something to be doen at home or should I have a professional install everything for me your guys input would be greatly appriciated. I would like to shoot for around $300 dollars total for the setup.

Thanks alot, Hoss
Old 09-21-2005, 10:33 PM

If you are reasonably handy with tools there is no reason you can't install yourself. Autometer z series boost and pyro and a mechanical fp gauge would keep you close to your budget. Order the tapped banjos from Geno's and make your life easy. Use the ashtray light circuit for your gauges lights and your cig lighter for your switched hot.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:47 PM

I have boost pyro and fuel pressor. Its all dipricol. They look great light up in the dark and I hear there faster/more accurate then alot of other brands. It was pretty easy to do. I can tell you how I mounted the a-piller pods and all if you want. Also as far as lights I tied them all into a littlefuse add-a-circut thats piggybacked on the dash light fuese so when i dim the dash lights the gauges dim too. handy since there stareing me right in the eyes.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Banned

SilverHoss99,

If you have basic tools and mechanical ability it's nto very hard, it will take some time the first time but the degree of difficulty isn't much. Call us if you have any questions, we also have all the DiPricol's, Auto Meter and Isspro gsuges and mounts as well as wiring harnesses and paints etc.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 09-22-2005, 12:28 PM

Where do you suggest hokking up the lights for the guages at?
Old 09-22-2005, 03:11 PM

I think i mentioned this but on both of our trucks I piggybacked the gauge lights right into the dash lights fuse so when the dash lights come on so do the gauge lights. Also they will dim with the dash lights.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:47 PM

Where did you find the wires at? I have looked under the dash and could not find the plug for the dash lights. I am sure it is there just have not found it yet.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JPratt
Where did you find the wires at? I have looked under the dash and could not find the plug for the dash lights. I am sure it is there just have not found it yet.
Pull the knee bolster under the steering column and you can access the rear side of the fuse panel for tapping in for power. Just be sure to tap in downstream of the fuse (might matter depending on what theory of electricity flow you subscribe to).

I vote for Isspro EV's myself.. I had Autometer in my 93 and they were great in the daylight, not much for nightime unless you crank the panel lights, hense I went with Isspro on this rig..
Old 09-22-2005, 05:55 PM

The newer dipricols have a light up needle too. Something i looked long and hard for on a gauge. Anyway. Take the fuse panel off inside the truck when you open the driver side door (at least on my 2nd gen) and there was a fuse in there. i forget what its called. dimmer maybe? any I went to pepboys and got a "little fuse" brand "ad-a-circut" Get the one with the groovs in it above the prongs or dremel out your own groovs. What this does is it has prongs like a fuse and plugs into the fuse spot. Then the back of this peice is slots for 2 fuses. one for the original circut and one for the added circut. It also has a 3" power wire comming out of it that I spliced all the hot gauge wires too. The rest I just grounded to the metel dash under side. If you need more info ill go outside and poke around for the correct name.