Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I Need A Clutch!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the heads up, i wasent to high on the autozone and expecially the stocker. but i didnt know anything about the centerforce.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:35 PM

I went with a SBC DD for three reasons:

1. Found one slightly used at a pretty decent price.
2. South Bend's EXCELLENT customer service!
3. Peter told me to buy it!!

I've also put a Kevlar SBC into my brothers 3500 Chevy 454, another awesome clutch so far.

Chris
Old 08-14-2005, 09:29 AM

Does mitchell have a website?

Also, on the ones from Kenny's machine, what's the diff. between his DD street clutch and DD puller? Those prices are pretty darn good!
Old 08-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Jeremy Cusick
Does mitchell have a website?

Also, on the ones from Kenny's machine, what's the diff. between his DD street clutch and DD puller? Those prices are pretty darn good!
yeah thats what i was thinkin. Is there something that i would have to buy seperate?
Old 08-14-2005, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mitchell clutches...

ah yes, u can find them here....

http://www.enterpriseengine.com/

Browse around and look for them.. enjoy...

Tx
Old 08-14-2005, 11:29 AM

i have to second Kenny's clutches. i'm not running one, but he'll be the ONLY one I call when the time comes. I know several folks who run them.

just my .02

Conn
Old 08-14-2005, 04:28 PM

im not telling what i gave for my kennys clutch butt if u call i bet its cheaper than whats posted on the web by far , as for diffrence im not sure he didnt say , he said most dont even bother buying one cause the puller is better and very street friendly and that i can say is true
Old 08-14-2005, 08:10 PM

Rods,
I posted in the pulling section, but I'll repost what I've found out here:

Are any others running one of Kenny's clutches?
How well are they holding up? Can one be had to fit my '95 w/ NV4500 and 1 1/4" input shaft? I hope I don't have to spend $800+ for a larger IPS.
I shot him an email, but he forgot to answer some of my questions. He did say that the street version will hold up to pulling and that they both (street and pulling versions) used ceramic pucks for friction material. Street version has 2850-3000 plate load, and the puller has 3650 plate load.

I think this'll be a great upgrade over my stock clutch (it's goin south), and isn't a whole lot more than a SB FE 1.25.
I just thought I'd get some input from you guys.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:49 PM

u can get it with smalll or large shaft , i still use the small shaft ,,this winter ill b upgrading to the larger one he has them built so it takes some time to get one and keep them in stock , as for price u would have to call but from what hes told me its cheaper than any iv found by far !!! and he only charges 100 to upgrade the clutches my plate load is around 3200+ , i havent been to hard on it , but iv pulled with it , and really like it
Old 08-15-2005, 12:57 AM

if you are only gonig to pull around trailers stay away from the dual disc. i hate driving mine around town it is to jumpy and squeals like crazy. as far as mitchells he makes a pretty good clutch but when i had my street puller put in haisley showed me a couple of mitchells clutches that the plates had cracked on. look at haisley's website to get a good look at the difference between a street twin and a pulling twin.
www.haisleymachine.com
if i was you i would go with a south bend con fe
Old 08-15-2005, 07:10 PM

When It comes to clutches Peter @ south bend is a Great guy with skills and cust service to no other . I have been running the truck pull at local fairs doing well here in northern ILL southern WIS. (always in the top3) I have gone through one clutch a year for one reason or another. I cant say anything bad about the clutch or the coumpany. Each time I send the clutch back Peter Hooks me up with the next best or new design. Some times I feel as If I were a test dummy.
I Have one problem though I broke the imput shaft in three peices for my nv4500 . It was a 1"3/8 HD one . This was in late june . Peter says Im the 2nd in the U.S, to do that he know of ! (better turn the smoke machine down I guess I have been patiently waiting for a new shaft for over 2 months. I am like #22 out of 50 others for one reason or another ,who are waiting for imput shafts . I am told there was a manufacturing problem and the companys were changed to help the problem . Needless to say And I have talked to peter a few times on this one . He is doing all that he can to get me one . I have missed the remainder of my local truck pulls and so when my imput shaft arrives I will be forced to look for a couple of pulls out of state.
Any way the moral of the story 1) If you gonna play you got to pay $$ 2) Go big or go home
(Buy the best clutch you can find ) rember torque kills clutches good day
Old 08-15-2005, 07:22 PM

Rip any chance ya heard about when the input shafts would be in, talked to peter on friday still no sign of them then, didn't get a chance to talk to him today, startin to get ancy trucks been down bout a month or more, havin some major withdraws...lol

and I will second for a fourth or fifth time for sbc, good products, and great customer service