Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I Hate When That Happens

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 08:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I Hate When That Happens

So I was out playing with my new Emjay profiles and racing up and down my street, probably to the dismay of the neighbors since my muffler was stolen ;D.
I launched and had the pedal buried in the carpet. Didn't notice the boost at the time, but I heard a huge noise that sounded like the bottom of the tranny came apart and the pan was dragging down the road . I let out of it and the tranny downshifted as I slowed down. Hmmm, I thought, if the tranny cut loose it surely wouldn't downshift . Let's get back into it a little : and see what happens. I started accellerating, but slowly, slower than I expected. I thought, "That dang PM3 done blowed out or the wire came off the pump.". I looked down and saw the PM3 still on, on level 4. Shucks, at this low power level I couldn't have blown anything..... then I looked at the boost gauge and realized what it was. I have blown a hose to the Intercooler. :'(
Putted back to the house (only a 1/4 mile away) and found the hose from the turbo to the metal/plastic(?) pipe going to the intercooler had blown partially off. I got out the tools and put it back together. I went around and made sure to give the other clamps a couple of turns too. :P

Sure glad that's all it was, and that it didn't happen Friday night at the strip. ;D
More Emjay testing tomorrow.

Chris

Old 07-21-2003, 08:48 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:I Hate When That Happens

Have you located the seatcover yet?
Glad to hear it was an easy fix. ;D