Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I gotta share this with you guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome to the world of truck drivers. been battling the tree hugging, save the world, non driving idiots for a long,long time. most are ****** that you passed them. btw as you all know smoke don't equal power, its just fun
Old 11-09-2008, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i usually dont smoke excessively...but some times i just feel like rolling that coal. i guess its ok occasionally. i usually dont do it unless i am playing with another diesel or a ricer. when i first got my smarty i would smoke all the time but that phase passed. some people hate it though if some body is riding my **** ill smoke em and they will get in the other lane or quit it but there is some that will get right on my bumper even when i smoke em. i could brake check em but i like my truck too much to do that. they also generally flip me off.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by flatline racing
welcome to the world of truck drivers. been battling the tree hugging, save the world, non driving idiots for a long,long time. most are ****** that you passed them. btw as you all know smoke don't equal power, its just fun
Just because you don't agree with the way they think gives you no right to call them idiots. That is a very childish statement.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:04 AM

I have been told by several smog techs all of exelent reputation Ca residents with 1998 or newer diesels will be required to pass an emissions test aka smog check as of January 2009 . hope we all kept the stock components I know I did .
Old 11-09-2008, 05:27 PM

my truck is registered in medocino county which is a smog exempt county period i just bought a 6.7 and i havent received any smog info like my friends have i have no worrys as of yet
Old 11-10-2008, 12:39 AM

The funny thing about ''Tree-huggers'', is that most of them are vegitarians.
Therefore they are killing and eating the one thing that turns our ''smog'' into clean O2.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:55 AM

With a new White House and a filibuster proof house, STFB! That, in military terms is stand-the-frick-by. I think I spelled the third word incorrectly, though. Don't worry, though, there will be enough pain for EVERYONE....
Old 11-10-2008, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by GasganoFJ60
And this is why people need to keep smoking to a minimum. I know its hard and Im certainly guilty of clouding a passing lane up with smoke but some people just flat out do it to every single chance they get and its coming back to bite all diesel drivers in the rear end with wacky laws and regulations and fines.

Remember...every time you pelt a Prius driver with smoke, they write their congressman and donate to some nutty enviroment lobby organizations...
yeah I think the enviro-***** are just going over the top. Its like they want to keep adding things that make everyday people criminals.
I only use my smoke when Im getting tailgated, its pretty easy to control with the skinny pedal.
I dont think its us so much that cause the crazy laws so much as this trend of overzealous environmentalism. I mean weve had below avg temps this year and theysyre still whining about global warming. It is a power grab of a different sort. Just watch.

Haha, nice sig GasganoFJ60
Old 11-10-2008, 12:41 PM

Hey guys,
Just putting in my input on this subject,
I also only roll it when there is a car on my a$$ or anything like that, be it friend or foe cuz it is just fun.
But my story about rolling coal goes like this,
One of my close friends has a 7.3 IDI with the pump tweeked. Being a non turbo motor it starves for air on the top end. So when he revs it high, it pours right out. But one after noon he was driving threw his high school road which has a speed limit of 30 mph. It connects the parking lot to the main street infront of the school. Well he had a BMW on his rear end, grabed 2 and reved her. Pouring smoke out the car backed off. It was good laughts at the time until this happened. One week later he gets called down to the office had a ticket from the town for close to 500 dollers for some EPA pollution BS. Also they had another 3 tickets about how loud the truck was an how it was lifted being to high. And this truck wasent high at all. It had a 3in lift with 33 MT All Terrain tired on it. They also suspended him indefintly for the rest of the year and gave him the option of taking the classes he needed to just pass the following summer.
In the grand scheem of things it went from a little black to almost $6000.00 worth of lawers and everything else.
But of corse we still roll it but just not at highschool were both in college and its a whole different deal when the teaches see a nice gen2 rolling it out, jaws drop
Old 11-10-2008, 07:47 PM

i had a lady in a subaru follow me a good 3 miles to a friends house, when i parked and went to walk up to the house she pulled up and waved me over, i went over and she proceded to tell me that my truck has something wrong with it because it smokes badly and i need to get it fixed so i dont harm the environment. She wasnt very nice about it either. I told her that i paid a lot of money for it to do that and that her subaru is probly puts out more harmful emissions than my truck does. i was just amazed that she followed me that long.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:38 AM

If I lived in UT were this happened I would give those inspectors something to do & turn in every Diesel truck I saw ones that don't smoke & let them waste their time.You know they are gov workers & they get paid when they are eating donuts & coffee or looking for smokers so I surely would rather keep em busy & they WILL change things after while.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by sewman
If I lived in UT were this happened I would give those inspectors something to do & turn in every Diesel truck I saw ones that don't smoke & let them waste their time.You know they are gov workers & they get paid when they are eating donuts & coffee or looking for smokers so I surely would rather keep em busy & they WILL change things after while.
You need to call in the local judges car, police chiefs car, mayors car, news reports car, heck even the govenor. Then see how long it lasts....
Old 11-11-2008, 12:06 PM

Start calling in any Prius you see, say they are smoking like a stack and are to loud.

it wont be true but it will be to late when the confusion is solved.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:33 PM

hi
my name is bob

and im addicted to smoking

ikont know what it is but when i see a 16-17 yr old kid in his rice burner with big rims big fin mineke pipes and loud system i cant help my self it is my mission to fill there "cabs" with black smoke i feel bad for them cause they are dumb enough to try to keep up and kinda just hang around by my nice full 5" straight exhaust but its not all bad when they do pass me the smile on there girlfriends face is... well its priceless

but on a serious note tell the epa to go bug someone else why is it there is always someone or some 3 lettered acronym trying to get in ur business and telling u u cant do something i smoke but usually cause they wont BACK OFF my tailgate or i "poof" when i see a buddy or another cummins in the oncomeing lane or behind me is that really that bad
if they want please tell me what is done to my 12 valve please find the "little black box" lol
Old 11-12-2008, 09:58 PM

If they start emission testing here, i'll just make a removable section of exhaust with 6 cats on it and turn everything down. That should let me pass and when i get home i can put it back to normal.lol I only roal the coal when some ones on my a$$ anyway, and sometimes the occasional smart car.lol

Quick Reply: I gotta share this with you guys