Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I finally tinted my windows!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:35 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good then i wont worry about it as its only really a day old and the sun was pretty hidden in the clouds yesterday so i just not worry about it. Oh ya and I wont own another truck with out tinted windows wow is all I can say i love how its shaded and the fact that i dont get the glare off the mirrors right in my eyes and with glasses its hard to wear shades and still be able to see.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DodgeCowboy
Oh ya and I wont own another truck with out tinted windows wow is all I can say
agreed, i spent a couple summers hauling hay without tint and all i can say is it looks real funny when the left arm is a little darker than the right......
Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

I called the guy who did my windows and he said he would just re do the back window. After closer inspection tonight I could see little grains under the tint oh well I don't blame him for it cause the truck was dirty as it was a last minuet decision to do it. The side windows seem to be loosing there water so thats . So next Saturday I will have a new back tint with no sand LOL dang it.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:22 AM

Looks great, I wanna get mine done too.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:58 AM

here local I just roll the windows down If I get pulled over. I run limo tint on everything but the windsheild and its all done in 35%. I think the laws for you to take it off are very retarded. E-checks are also, but thats my thoughts
Old 07-17-2007, 08:36 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Mine are done in 20% sos it matched the factory tint on the quad doors. I will not own another truck with out tint the difference it makes in not having to squint all the time is great. and now that I found a well we will say interesting guy non the less but he stands by his work and is fairly reasonable and recommended by two shops I will keep using him tell he quits or goes out of business
Old 07-17-2007, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by ado2b1
Bet you can't figure out why you didn't tint the windows as soon as you got the truck, I'll never have a vehicle without it from now in. Looks great, of course thats the same setup I went with on mine, and my truck is red too

I know a lot of guys on here say don't do tint yourself, but its really easy (esp. if you've had to take it off b/c of the man). All told, I spent about $30 on my tint (not using autoparts store crap) and accessories, and took an hour to put it on. Oh yea, lifetime warranty (bubbling, peeling, damage).
So where do you get the tint if not at the local parts store or WallyWorld? I really want to get mine done, or do it myself....just don't want to pay the big bucks.
Also, are the door windows done out of one single piece each?
Old 07-17-2007, 05:18 PM

Window tinting usually costs about $150 for all 5 windows. Just get it done by the people who know how to do it. I've tried doing it myself a long time ago and never finished. It's a PITA if it's your first time and you'll probably have bubbles and won't be satisfied with the results.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Banned

if you try to do it yourself the first time you'll more than likely mess up alittle but once you see someone else do it the right way you'll never pay to have it done again.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:22 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Sighhh man this guy is goin to hate me come saturday I am making him redo the whole truck door windows and back window. The back window has dirt no biggie he said he would replace it and there is a few spots i dont like on the doors then today i finally roll the windows down after having it dont and what a hack job he did on the edges looks like a blind toddler could have cut a better edge looks fine rolled up but half way down it looks like crap. The drivers door has a spot were there is extra tint comin off the edge only beggin to be hooked and torn off. The passenger side edges flat suck This guy better stand by his work or it will haunt him because I had two shops recomend him an I will give him it was a hot day and he did mine last so we shall see what happens come saturday. I am going to take the shop vac and put it on the blower side and open all four doors and I will blow every ounce of dust out of that truck and clean it all up so he cant give me some bs excuse.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just tinted my side window today with 5% limo dark. It's pretty easy to keep dust and dirt away, I just spray all the surrounding area with a spray bottle and water to keep it to a minimum. This was the hardest window for me because u have to tuck the tint under the lower window strip thing, and also getting the top edge of the window good was kinda tough, but i'm satisfied, no bubbles or anything. I took a hair dryer to it afterward to get the adhesion going.

Here's a before and after pic today, as u can see it started raining so I didn't get to the passenger window.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:17 PM

That looks great Box5. I can't believe how much of a difference window tint makes on looks. You're tempting me to do it myself too. I tried back when I was 16, maybe I should give it another shot. I'd say I've gained a lot more handy skills since then. Crazy Washington precipitation, I wouldn't dream of it raining this time of year.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:59 PM

Looks great . I had a guy no taller than 5' do mine when I had 5" suspension lift and 33" tires on my rig, at first he was like Uhhhhhh but when it pulled out of the shop I was amazed how good it looked no bubbles or peeling to this day! I waited 1 week to roll my windows down but i am a paranoid person like that.
Brandon
Old 07-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we went like a whole month without rain so this was actually much needed rain for fires and stuff, but it could have waited until I did both windows, lol.

Theres really only two times that make me frustrated when tinting. First one is seperating the tint from the clear layer and getting that wet at the same time so it doesn't form static charge and collect dirt or hair or sticking together and ruining the tint.. Second is trimming the trim once it's on the window, because I can never get a nice straight line. But it doesn't matter because it cost $8 in tint.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:27 PM

I tried doing it myself NO NO NO I just suck at it I paid had it done and that is it! I have seen a few do their own and it looks just as good as mine. I just have no patience.
Brandon

Quick Reply: I finally tinted my windows!!!!!!!