Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I finally tinted my windows!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:34 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I finally tinted my windows!!!!!!!

Well after kicking the tires for a year I finally found a guy who does window tinting around my area and after he tinted the windows on a co workers car in our ware house I asked if he could do mine. 100 bucks got me 20% tint on the drivers and passengers and back window. He did a good job and told me to just watch it and not roll the windows down for a few days to let the film set and call him back in four days and he would come back and chase out any bubbles if i happen to get any. It matches my factory tint perfect and I wish I would have done it sooner with glasses its hard to wear shades and still drive with a glare.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can roll down the windows if you take out the rubber strip, they just slide right out and probably could use a cleaning anyway. i had to do that when i got mine at 5%, got it done in a strict town.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Banned

oh yeah, truck looks good.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good , not allowed any thing on the fronts here , Instant pull over and you get to peel them off on the side of the road.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:05 AM
Banned

they've been known to cut big x's across the window here so you have to take it off not just tell them you will.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:12 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

how could they do that they would have to open your door to do it?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Banned

if you've been told more than once, they no likey.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by clutch1
they've been known to cut big x's across the window here so you have to take it off not just tell them you will.
Where I live you cant have it on your driver or passengers windows.,, but cop tried that once to my truck and I reported him to the justice dept as to me it was not called for. When i removed the tint there was 2 scratches in the window and the local cops had to pay to get the windows changed. IT may be illegal but even a cop cant damage a person truck or car.

Another thing to do if you have power windows,, roll them down and turn off the auto,,, when they tell you to roll them up,, tell them the windows dont work LOL they dont like hearing that one
Old 07-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned

ive never had any probs but seen it done. i have 5% and never been told anything. although i do roll them down a little just in case.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:26 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

So question for you guys who have tinted windows. I have a few spots on the drivers and passenger side and a corner on the back window that has bubbles. I have felt them and it dont seem like it is air traped the guy said it was soap when he did the windows. Should I just wait and see what another hot day dries it out or should I call the guy and see what he wants too do?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by caper
Looks good , not allowed any thing on the fronts here , Instant pull over and you get to peel them off on the side of the road.
Here you can have to let 50% or more light through and mine is 56%. They put a light meter on it when you get it inspected and if its not right they won't give you a sticker any more. There are a few places that sill let them throught but they won't for much longer. It also cost $10 more to get it inspected if the fronts are tinted.

Originally Posted by DodgeCowboy
So question for you guys who have tinted windows. I have a few spots on the drivers and passenger side and a corner on the back window that has bubbles. I have felt them and it dont seem like it is air traped the guy said it was soap when he did the windows. Should I just wait and see what another hot day dries it out or should I call the guy and see what he wants too do?
It took mine a few days in the sun before all the bubbles went away. If there still there tomorrow then I would call.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:37 AM

It may also be dirt trapped under the tint when he applied it. IF so it wont disappear. YOu may be able to press it down and make it less noticable tho, but up close if it is dirt it will always be there
Old 07-16-2007, 10:36 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Its defantly not dirt on the fronts the back one could be the guy who does it was recomended by a body shop and the windshield installer around our aera so he is a stand up guy we just watch it its supoda be smokin hot today too.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
window tint

Bet you can't figure out why you didn't tint the windows as soon as you got the truck, I'll never have a vehicle without it from now in. Looks great, of course thats the same setup I went with on mine, and my truck is red too

I know a lot of guys on here say don't do tint yourself, but its really easy (esp. if you've had to take it off b/c of the man). All told, I spent about $30 on my tint (not using autoparts store crap) and accessories, and took an hour to put it on. Oh yea, lifetime warranty (bubbling, peeling, damage).
Old 07-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Banned

mine took two days in the sun to finnaly get rid of the bubbles and there were alot of them.

Quick Reply: I finally tinted my windows!!!!!!!