Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

I dont know anything

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know anything

wow so i'm reading some posts in the forum and seeing a lot of things that just sound darn exciting. i think i heard something about a silencer? like something to silence the turbo?? if so is that the only purpose it serves, cause it would be cool to hear my turbo. oh and something about tapping a wire on the comp to fuel at 0 lbs boost? can you do that with the juice/attitude too? if not is the comp tapped a better choice? oh oh oh and what are these sticks i'm reading about?

ok so whats a good start for building some RELIABLE horsepower w/my '00 24v cummins
Old 06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Banned

Here's a little start...

Sticks=Injectors

There is a cone shaped ring held in by a snap ring in the inlet of the turbo, it is safe to take out, all it does is help quiet the turbo. Do a search on "silencer ring"

The Juice fueling levels are supposedly exactly the same as the Comp.

A good start would be Gauges, and how much HP do you want, need to decide that at the start, to avoid buying parts twice if possible.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:12 PM

Yes, the only purpose (that i know of) for the turbo silencer ring is to tone down the turbo whistle. Takes about 5mins to pop out and your turbo will be alot more audible.

Yes, I think both the juice and comp tap the wire. I know the comp does for sure (thats what I have) and its really no special trick, it tells you to do it in the install instructions, some guys just don't for reliablity issues.

Sticks = Injectors

Id start with an edge comp unless you like digital gauges then get the juice/attitude. Edge comp is great bang for the buck and stacks well later on. How much do you have to spend??
Good luck,
Hopes this helps, if anybody with more experience notices anything wrong just correct it!
-Alex
Old 06-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. Gauges [pyro, fuel pressure, boost] or a Juice with Attitude & kill 2 birds.
2. Fuel system [Fass or Airdog]
3. Programmer/module
4. Exhaust
5. Air Intake [AFE is preferred]
Anything further than here....you got bit by a powerbug!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:57 PM

yeah i dont know how far i wanna go with this. money is an issue but i dont plan on doing everything at once. i'd like to build a nice powerful truck, but this is my everday truck, so reliability is a big issue. just looking for some place to start. and as someone said above i dont want to buy things twice so i would like to look somewhat ahead for compatibilty issues. Thanks for everything guys.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Banned

In that case I say Gauges and fuel system, then Smarty, and decide where you want to go from there.

Sticks, turbo and TST would be nice, with the associated drivetrain work.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:51 AM

I believe the silencer ring is for directing a straighter flow of air into the turbo. That's why you get turbo whistle when you remove it. Because there is more turbulence in the air going in. Hence, I bet there is a very slight (maybe noticeable?) drop in mpg's when you take the silencer ring out.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:11 AM

Gauges is a great start unless you want to save up some extra cash about 800$ go with a juice with attitude and take care of all your gauges and you would def get some power gains.
if you go with the juice w/ att. you will need exhaust and an intake for sure to let her breath. and then you might want to start lookin into trans upgrades.

the juics w/ attitude does have an optional wire tap. correct me if i am wrong.

P.S. fill in your sig even if you are stock helps people help you.
Good Luck and congrats on buying a CTD
Old 06-08-2007, 12:46 PM

ok so i'm thinking juice/att, fass, afe intake, exhaust, and i'm gonna get the tranny done for like 500 hp?? to be safe? anything else i should do for a good start? ohh and whats a tst? thanks again. ok for a sig. dont have time to put one in now, but

2000 dodge ram 2500 24v cummins stock except for the stupid homemade programmer.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:39 PM

that would be a good start and take care of fuel, gauges, air in and out, and putting the power to the wheels!
i take it that it is an auto. homeade programmer?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:15 PM

yeah its auto. oh yeah so programmer...heres the deal, the truck was my dads, and someone gave my brother this programmer to put on the truck, maybe its not a programmer, i dont know what the tech. term is. well it plugs into a pigtail somewhere down on the driver side and if you hammer on it it makes the truck jerk sometimes. i kinda really want to get it out, but...it does wake the truck up . so i want to get the juice/att first.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:16 PM

oooh cool jturs how those extreme at's wearing for ya, my current tires lasted about 30k miles. i'm thinking about the extreme mt's.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:23 PM

Only the dodge and a few other hear and there have the groove for the ring. I have a HX35 off of a B that was in a FL70 and there is no ring cut in it. I have also looked at many many others and it is just to make it quiet for the fokes that want a diesel and want it do drive & sound like a car. It will not hurt any thing to take it out. Like I said mine dose not even have the ring groove in it. Holset almost only used it in the Dodges.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by bigreendodge
oooh cool jturs how those extreme at's wearing for ya, my current tires lasted about 30k miles. i'm thinking about the extreme mt's.
the exreme at's wear amazing they either have a 40,000 or 50,000 mile warranty! but i like them alot they wear great, are pretty quiet for being a decently aggressive tire, and get great traction off road! i wouldnt get the mt's unless you plan on driving offroad alot. they are a little louder and probaly dont last as long. mine ran me about 1,000$ mounted and balanced at fourwheel parts wholesale.

as far as the juice w/ att. i would get an exhaust system and intake first then take your programmer out. if you do the juice w/ att. first you might have problems with your EGT's unless you keep the tuner on setting 1 or 2! which would be hard cause once you get the power bug you will want to crank it up.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:26 PM

also you might want to look into a smarty and a set of gauges. i personally dont have any experience with the smarty but i hear it makes your truck a blast to drive!

Quick Reply: I dont know anything