Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

HX-35/40 hybrid boost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nate_88
Ian, you won't be pleased with overall performance after twins and 110 sticks. You know you'll want more power once I do compounds and 200s because I'll be whoopin' you down the track!
Oh "WHOOPIN" me huh. You mean like we both thought you'd do with your quad and hx?

Here came the under dog with a little HY and the Juice on 5 and took YOU DOWN hahahaha. Just messin nate. You better get that tunin figured out though cause next race night Ill have the hybrid on and be able to run on stage 6

Alright once I get the gated housing Ill check it out and see if I cant do a little moddin to it then. I never knew only 3 clys were gated. Huh, thanks for the info!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by DodgenIt
Oh "WHOOPIN" me huh. You mean like we both thought you'd do with your quad and hx?

Here came the under dog with a little HY and the Juice on 5 and took YOU DOWN hahahaha. Just messin nate. You better get that tunin figured out though cause next race night Ill have the hybrid on and be able to run on stage 6
Yeah, there's definitely something up with that, but I never got to try the comp tune, just the TORQ. I've been looking at NV241DHD rebuilds too but I'm not sure it's worth it yet. I'll get it figured out... evenutally.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:36 AM

On a single charger, don't you need to have the separation between the front and rear cylinders for pulse separation? (For lack of better term)

I realize it's better to have the waste gate vent all of the cylinders, but the decent ones do it with two separate ports going to the gate. Not by getting rid of the separation between the front and rear sets of cylinders.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Yellow Yota
On a single charger, don't you need to have the separation between the front and rear cylinders for pulse separation? (For lack of better term)

I realize it's better to have the waste gate vent all of the cylinders, but the decent ones do it with two separate ports going to the gate. Not by getting rid of the separation between the front and rear sets of cylinders.
It wont make any difference. Lots of people do it without problem. Spoolup and performance is the same, it just gates better than it normally would. If there is any difference, it is minimal.

Eric
Old 08-31-2009, 07:58 PM

Hey guys.
Cruised down to Industrial last wednesday and picked up a 12cm gated housing. He cut me a bit of a deal cause they had the housing sittin sround for a few and it had a couple scratches, but it had never been put on anything so still new. New actuator and all I'd need fot it for 425 and just threw it together for me while I stood there bs'n with em. Now If I could get the 12cm non gated housing sold Id be lookin at about 1,100 total for it all brand new.

Got the hybrid put in on sunday! What a sweet sound that whistle is. Havent even hit full boost yet, hit 29 lbs and still climbin then backed out cause I was goin 60 in a 40 . But still had some real good fun take offs and smoke shows.
Gate is set to 31 lbs but I can adjust the boost elbow to make it get more, We'll see how it goes for now.

Havent seen any lower egts just cruisin. Havent towed with it yet either though.
Im hopin itll be the kinda thing where I wont really notice around town, but once Im at the track Ill hit 1300* and just stay, Since I was seein 1500* with the HY.

Just thought Id give ya all the low down so far. Next race night should bring some more results!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:16 PM

Good deal. How does it seem as far as how it spools up?

Eric
Old 09-01-2009, 07:37 AM

It spools pretty good. Little slower but that was expected and its not too bad. I think I wouldve had a hard time spoolin with a 14cm. Next step will be injectors, then itll prob spool about the same as the HY did.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:27 PM

Quick update.. Towed around town today with the hybrid for the first time. About 6k lb enclosed work trailer.

Temps seemed to be a little high to me. I tow with the juice on 2 mostly, 3 with lighter loads.
EGT's were between 800-1000 anytime there was any fuel. I was only gettin 13lbs tops with just normal aroung town tow drivin habits. But just to see pushed it up to 20 lbs a few times. Could I maybe not be spoolin enough to keep temps lower? More pedal for more fuel resulted in higher temps. Could injectors give me the added fuel without temps risin?

Or are those temps normal and I just cant remember what the pyro looked like towin with my old HY.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:13 AM

Bump Bump.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by DodgenIt
Quick update.. Towed around town today with the hybrid for the first time. About 6k lb enclosed work trailer.

Temps seemed to be a little high to me. I tow with the juice on 2 mostly, 3 with lighter loads.
EGT's were between 800-1000 anytime there was any fuel. I was only gettin 13lbs tops with just normal aroung town tow drivin habits. But just to see pushed it up to 20 lbs a few times. Could I maybe not be spoolin enough to keep temps lower? More pedal for more fuel from higher stage on juice resulted in higher temps. Could good after market injectors give me the added fuel without temps risin?

Or are those temps normal and I just cant remember what the pyro looked like towin with my old HY.
I should say, are those temps to be expected with this Hybrid?