Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

HTT stage IIII installed, with a gutted 12cm

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up HTT stage IIII installed, with a gutted 12cm

Well put on the Russell tranny lines and installed the HTT stage IIII for the ol' WH1C today and all I have to say is WOW!!! Boost on tap! The compressor wheel in the stage IIII is a very VERY aggressive 6 blade wheel sounds awesome! It barks a little easier than before but not bad, modifing the turbine housing turned out to be a real success I feel allowing it to breathe better than stock. And I know it flows better cause it's louder at the tail pipe and has a different tone under load. Spool so far seems to be no less if not quicker than the stock one. All in all the HTT hybrid upgrade took about 45 minutes to complete on the truck. Can't report boost #'s yet cause it's too icy out, but I already can tell it's much more and quicker than stock.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:41 AM

Glad to hear that it worked well for you! I hope to do this upgrade in the future, along with "gutting" the 12, or looking for a wastegated 14. Were their any special tools required, or any good tips to share??

thanks
Old 01-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Banned

On mine I didn't have a bur yet so I used a rotary rasp. Looks just like a wood rasp that's round with a 1/4" shank for a die grinder, turned down the die grinder just to where the rasp wasn't sparking anymore. On got...DIESELS? I used a combo of the rotary rasp and a 6" long double cut carbide bur. I found that a 4" or 5" bur would have been fine as you can only take out the partition only as deep as the top of the wastegate hole. You see it all started when I got a spare 12cm to gut it so I could w/gate all six cyl's to regain control of my boost. Ground the new to me housing my brother got my old one he enlarged the w/gate hole to 1-1/2" (to run and external gate for twins) I gutted the housing, now my Dad's waiting on my bro's old one then we do Dad's housing (just gutting it), then I get Dad's old housing and gut it all the way and put it on my truck. I didn't gut mine to the top of the w/gate hole cause I didn't have the long bur yet. Here's a link to the gutted and enlarged w/gate housing of my bro's: https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=89525