Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

HTT manifold cracked

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HTT manifold cracked

My HTT 3 piece manifold cracked across the top all the way to the webbing. I had my stocker crack at 150k miles & spent the $400 on the HTT to cure the problem. Now at 170k miles the HTT cracked. I'm confused, stocker lasts 150k miles, HTT lasts 20k miles? Sure doesn't seem to be worth $400. to me. Anyone else had one crack?
Old 08-02-2009, 09:09 PM

I was surprised to see a thread a month ago where several reported minor cracking. No leaks but cracks were showing up!
Mine is still good at 90,000 miles.

RJ
Old 08-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RowJ
I was surprised to see a thread a month ago where several reported minor cracking. No leaks but cracks wre showing up!
Mine is still good at 90,000 miles.

RJ
Mine is definately leaking. My head has spotting on it.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Banned

Called them today. I am waiting for a return call with their decision....not sure what that is about?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe they are going to be difficult being as you are sled pulling? (even though it should handle it) That sucks that yours is cracking!! Hopefully they'll replace it/warranty it.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 AM

I just put one on last week. I did not need to read this.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ATS had the same issues. I wonder if Bullseye does the casting for HTT's manifolds also???

Trending Topics

Old 08-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Banned

Well, I guess I'll have to weld it up until I can get cash to buy a ATS manifold. I can't find my reciept & the company I bought it from closed down. HTT will not warranty it without reciept. This sucks!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Banned

I was really shocked to be honest. I have bought turbos from HTT for quite a few trucks over the years. When I called in about the manifold, guy asked "who is this?" I said "Jamie" He replied "Jamie Lent". Does that tell you how much stuff I've ordered from HTT? I tried returning a 2nd gen compressor housing that was 32 days old, never used. HTT wouldn't trade it for a 3rd gen housing because it was longer than 30 days. I called II & they swapped it out for me free of charge. II also rebuilt one of HTT's turbos for 1/2 price of what HTT quoted me. After them doing this, I am through with dealing with HTT. A man can only get shafted so many times.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I was really shocked to be honest. I have bought turbos from HTT for quite a few trucks over the years. When I called in about the manifold, guy asked "who is this?" I said "Jamie" He replied "Jamie Lent". Does that tell you how much stuff I've ordered from HTT? I tried returning a 2nd gen compressor housing that was 32 days old, never used. HTT wouldn't trade it for a 3rd gen housing because it was longer than 30 days. I called II & they swapped it out for me free of charge. II also rebuilt one of HTT's turbos for 1/2 price of what HTT quoted me. After them doing this, I am through with dealing with HTT. A man can only get shafted so many times.
I hear you Jamie.

I have been sending my turbos to Chris at Engineered Diesel. They beat HTT and I.I. on upgrade pricing big time.

Sucks about the manifold, I will have to check mine.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by J Lent
... When I called in about the manifold, guy asked "who is this?" I said "Jamie" He replied "Jamie Lent". Does that tell you how much stuff I've ordered from HTT?
I wouldn't assume he knew your name. Customer software can search by first names. He may just be a fast typist?
If you did not talk to Paul.... I'd call back. He's THE man, I believe, and has always been great to me. At least get more info on how big a problem this has been for them. See what he says.
They should have a record of your buying from them. Maybe you just got "the new kid" in customer service??

As mentioned above ...may be same manifold MFG as ATS.

RJ
Old 08-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RowJ
I wouldn't assume he knew your name. Customer software can search by first names. He may just be a fast typist?
If you did not talk to Paul.... I'd call back. He's THE man, I believe, and has always been great to me. At least get more info on how big a problem this has been for them. See what he says.
They should have a record of your buying from them. Maybe you just got "the new kid" in customer service??

As mentioned above ...may be same manifold MFG as ATS.

RJ
I spoke with Anthony. He didn't type anything.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:31 PM

That just sucks man. Nothing like paying for what is supposed to be one of the best and then it fails prematurly without replacement or even an "I'm sorry". Yep, I would take the high road as a consumer. Look elsewhere.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Banned

I sent a copy of my reciept to HTT today. Here is what they had to say. [I left all names out of it.]

"!@###%$$%%%% has never been a direct dealer of ours so therefore we have never sold them one of our manifolds direct, so for any warranty to be considered warranty needs to go through them as the seller and then through whoever they obtained it from. We can only warranty parts to the original parts purcheser not 2nd or 3rd party."
High Tech Turbo
Old 08-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Banned

Anyone here running a PDI manifild? I've been hearing alot of stories about HTT manifolds failing & a few guys say the PDI hold up well.

Quick Reply: HTT manifold cracked