Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

hts transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought my truck used, and it had a built trans in it at the time, i had no clue what it was or who built it, but it shifted awesome. when i put my twins on i decided to take the trans to dusty at hts to have him look it over and tell me what it had done to it, come to find out, he built the trans that was in the truck and it had 110,000 miles on it and at the time it still shifted AWESOME. long story short i had him built the tranny up some more and WOW its an awesome trans and holds like no other. plus dusty is a great guy that will help you figure out what you need for what you want to do with your truck. great trans and great company.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:54 PM

yeah dusty won't try to sell you something you doing need either.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:14 PM

Thanks for the input guys I called dusty yesterday and talked to him for about 20 minutes and called a dealer of his about an hour away. And talked to him for about half an hour. After talking with them both I like the hts transmission. But im still wondering about two things. First off should I go with a goerend converter or suncoast. The dealer said he can get both. But so could I lol. The second is his warranty. Its shorter than the others. And if there is one thing I don’t want is to spend the cash it takes to buy a built transmission and then spend more on it in 6 months.

Chris
Old 01-10-2008, 02:46 PM

like it was stated before the suncoast converters are built to Dusty's specs.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by cdennyb
right on. thanks. I looked at their web site (HTS that is) and saw they had a dealer in Sacramento (about 80 miles south of me) but when I looked at their web site, it said absolutely nothing about HTS transmissions. So I did what any of us would do and wrote HTS an e-mail telling them about it.
Maybe the Sac dealer is too new and hasn't updated their site yet or ?

Anyway, that sounds like the best thing to do anyway.
Was just wondering what was the shop that deals HTS, I'm about 20 miles from Sac!
I talked to Dusty and Dave, ended up going with Dave but I really felt either way you would be in good hands!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by b4wheeler
I want to be able to eat mustangs, camaros, vettes, and all the ricers for lunch.....
Eat them, their as just an appitizer
Old 01-10-2008, 09:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Ultimate Duty and love it. Nothing like getting sideways when it hits second!!!! I had Dusty build mine for towing and he used a Suncoast single and hopped up valve body that shifts nice and firm when you want it to. I've learned to make it really hit 2nd hard you don't lay on the throttle from the line, what you do is right before you feel it getting ready to shift to 2nd you hammer down and hang on. I've only done this a few times and boy did I get some looks. Anyway, Dusty was awsome to deal with and he explained the warranty like this: if I break something even when it's out of warranty and I wasn't abusing it, just call him and he'll make it right. The reason for the short warranty is because people are so hard on his stuff for some reason.

I had him send it to my local tranny guy who installed it for $200 plus fluids.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:43 AM

HTS all the way,great tranny great company great guy..........