Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

hts transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hts transmissions

Does anyone run hts transmissions? I’m thinking about getting an ultimate duty and with a custom valve body and billet input. Should I go with a seacoast converter or goerend? What all do you guys know about these transmissions. Im going to need one soon just don’t know who to go with? Also what transmission places are out there I have been looking at DTT ATS Goerend but what other places are there?

Chris
Old 01-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Banned

Dust uses SunCoast Converters. He is a Helluva guy and can build a very stout tranny. Several of my friends run his stuff, and they love the way they shift.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:03 PM

We have an HTS user over here in MDDTR#33 and he beats it to death and it just keeps coming back for more. I am stuck between the HTS and a guy in our chapter that deals in Goerend...
Research the Goerend, HTS, and DTT and Suncoast, but skip your last thought......you will not hear much good about them on this forum
Old 01-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

I've seen a few Suncoast convertors destroyed in past 2 year. One was a good friend of mine, his lasted about 3,000 miles. (he may have just got a bad one)
I just installed a Goerends T/C, V/B and BD Flex (still being installed) Dave came highly recomended from alot of guys around here. Alot of guys are also running HTS and an few ATS.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:38 PM

well thanks john for saying i beat on my tranny!!
xzaq103 i have a fully built HTS tranny and love it and tim can attest to the pulling power when he was pulling half the guys at TS performance backwards only 2 weeks after it had been put in. i have done three sled pulls with it pulling 296 ft with it. heck of a lot of street launches and burnouts. i have been giving that tranny hell for the past 8 months and its still there strong as ever. i have 20k very rough miles on my hts tranny. it takes the beating and keeps going.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:06 PM

any dealers for the HTS on the left coast you might know of?
Old 01-09-2008, 03:19 PM

cdennyb i would just call dusty directly he can built the tranny that you want and ship it to you. easiest thing to do. sometimes the middle man can just be more of a pain and dusty will be glad to talk to you.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:34 PM

right on. thanks. I looked at their web site (HTS that is) and saw they had a dealer in Sacramento (about 80 miles south of me) but when I looked at their web site, it said absolutely nothing about HTS transmissions. So I did what any of us would do and wrote HTS an e-mail telling them about it.
Maybe the Sac dealer is too new and hasn't updated their site yet or ?

Anyway, that sounds like the best thing to do anyway.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:38 PM

Skynyrd, Sorry about that. I should have used better words and said " you drive your truck hard and the trans handles everything you have thrown at it and it still holding up great"
If I were to do the things you have done, my trans would be sitting in a pile on the pulling track, bleeding like a stuck pig.
I know first hand what a stock dodge trans can hold, and it isn't much.
Power adders = short trans life
Old 01-09-2008, 05:55 PM

I've been beatin' on my HTS for about 3 years now.... and I cant seem to hurt the thing. You wont be sorry

Randy
Old 01-09-2008, 07:48 PM

I agree with Randy, I have been running my truck for a little over three years and have had no problems with the tranny. Not to mention I love the way it shifts, and the looks I get when the tires "bark" going into second gear.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dusty does use suncoast, but suncoast builds them at his spects for him. If you bought a TC from suncoast it would be different one. I love my HTS!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=johnsjas;1881966 Not to mention I love the way it shifts, and the looks I get when the tires "bark" going into second gear.[/QUOTE]

This is what I am talkin' about. I want to be able to run locked shifts, do big dually burnouts, boosted launches, and bark the tires when it shifts.
I want to be able to eat mustangs, camaros, vettes, and all the ricers for lunch.....
Old 01-09-2008, 08:50 PM

i can bark 35" tires when it shifts from first to second and with my tranny controller you better hold on when it hits lock up it will sit you back in the seat. i have the tranny controller set at 45 right now but can change it to what ever speed i want.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by skynyrd
i have a fully built HTS tranny and love it and tim can attest to the pulling power when he was pulling half the guys at TS performance backwards only 2 weeks after it had been put in.

Half????? Gimmie some credit We whooped everyone....thanks to Leonard's excellent co-pilot skills....... And that was just with an edge

Quick Reply: hts transmissions