Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

htb2 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 06:09 PM
TDX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
htb2 turbo

just wondering if anybody is runing one of these. i have talked to htt and got my name on the waiting list for one. they recomended the htb2 with the 12cm housing for a little better spoolup . it sounds like a tuff turbo very similar to the b1 turbo line. they told me most of the parts are the same borg warner stuff the bombers are made of
i plan on upgrading to mach 3's or 4's and i am wondering if anybody is running a similar setup
Old 06-26-2005, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That would be a definite upgrade from the stock HY-35......but, be aware you will still have serious EGT problems. The 14 cm housing would be better, allowing you a little more time at WOT before you hit 1500*+. If your goal is total control over EGT's...you will be disappointed with the regular HTB2. I would look closely at the Killer B-2/64 Model. That would give you 10-15 sec of WOT before you have to back out of it, depending on how long your comfortable staying peggedm on you Pyro! As long as your aware of these facts...I think HTT turbos are excellent.

IMO, Any single turbo, with a Drag Comp and injectors, will have some EGT problems. At your future HP level, there will have to be compromises. With the automatic, the Killer B-2 is about as big as you will be happy with....and still have reasonable spoolup.

Forget the Mach 3's...Don M will tell you the same, I believe. Go to the 4's....less smoke and lower EGT's than the 3's and more HP!

RJ
Old 06-26-2005, 12:33 PM
TDX

thanks for the info. my pyro right now pegs in about 2.5 to 3 seconds but the longest i have held her there is 15 seconds for drag racing or smokey burnouts. i usualy pull my injectors out for he winter[bdxxx90's]because they seem to run pretty sloppy when its cold and my oil gets very dirty quickly. this is why i wanted a turbo that would work with drag box and injectors and still work well in the winter when its just a drag box. maybe whith the edm injector i will be able to leave them in . i would like to leave the injectors in but like you say i will have to compromise with a single charger and mach 4 fuel
Old 06-26-2005, 12:37 PM
TDX

rjohnson what are your temps with the ksb1?
Old 06-27-2005, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TDX

Look here..... https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...0&pagenumber=1
See the 10/31/04....11:41 thread for testing results.

Ignore the signature. These results were before MAD ECM and External Wastegate. On 10/31 I had an EZ stacked on my TST PM3....and no external WG.

I use Water Injection to delay climb in EGT's...allowing longer time at WOT and lower temps when loaded heavy and in the mountains . At WOT I can still peg the pyro at 1550* and do not hold it there for more than 5-7 sec....which allows 1/4 mile runs.
I'm running 45 psi boost, with the External WG.

You must be pulling very high boost with the HY-35. Are you limiting it....if not I would say you are badly over-reving it and loosing all kinds of HP to super heated air.....not to mention possible danger of throwing a blade. No offense intended.....I just mention these things in case you have not heard them before!

Hope this helps.

RJ
Old 06-27-2005, 11:11 PM
TDX

RJ, the injectors are on the bench right now but when they were in it would peg my 35 psi boost guage pretty quick and i had the wastegate turnbuckled. you could definitly here the turbo begging for mercy. it sounded very high pitched. whith the drag box alone it comes real close to 35psi im going to need a 60 psi guage after mods. i think i got lucky not having anything blow up on me.