Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

HP Upgrades??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HP Upgrades??

Hey guys, I put a four inch exhaust system on my truck and it really opened it up. I was thinking about putting in a #10 fuel plate and a boost fitting. I know I need gauges to start with, but I am more concerned with upgrading the tranny before I do anything. So, on to my question. What do you guys recommend for a tranny upgrade for my setup? I am totally stock except for the the 4" exhaust and all I am really thinking about is the plate and boost fitting. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good torque convertor (Goerend's is my favorite) and shift kit would go along way. If you call and talk with Dave he will not oversell or steer you wrong. Just let him know what you plan to do with the truck (tow, plow, pull, race or just plain drive) and he can give you some ideas. He will ship parts to be installed close to home.

And you are right, gauges first and you are wise to beef up the tranny.

Paul
Old 09-06-2007, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have read on here that a valve body should be considered too. What is that and where can I get one? Thanks!
Old 09-06-2007, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen ATS and DTT trannies, I'm a firm believer after seeing what they can do. If I had an auto, only ATS or DTT would be my pick. Google them to find the websites.

If you go to IRP each year, you'll see the auto's truck pulling, and shifting gears while rollling down the track, now thats impressive especially at 6-700hp.

Gauges, you'll need boost, egt, and tranny gauges. I got my Isspro boost/egt and plate from tstproducts.com

You can buy them here on DTR or any good diesel shop will get you setup right.