Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Which HP transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 08:42 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Re:Which HP transmission?

I can only comment on DTT, since it's the one I've got. I think it was the best thing that could have happened to me. The fluid coupling is marvelous and I love the overall driveability. Since I have racked up some kilometers ( a little over 100 000) on this tranny and it has been working flawlessly since day one I am convinced that it is a good tranny. Bill K did take a lot of time on the phone and on the e-mail with me to set me up just right for my application here in Austria. He also guided me through the rebuild of my tranny by phone. We are still in contact, and I have received a load of good info on my truck from them.
I think that the best way to decide is to drive with a truck with each tranny, preferrably bombed to the specs you'd like to reach. Then ask the owner about his or her experiences and then decide.
One major point in this stuff should be not to get into the nasty tranny wars. I keep it like that for me: I bought what I considered best for my application. I won'tcomment on anybody else's decision, I'll just ask him or her about the specifics. As long as I am glad with what I bought I don't see any need to badmouth others or even try to convince others of my choice. (AlpineRAM's egocentric approach to transmission wars, should be taught in philosophy classes all over the bulletin boards ;D )

Just my 2c

AlpineRAM
Old 11-24-2003, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Which HP transmission?

I chose DTT because in my opinion they have done alot of work re-engineering the internals of the transmission. They have changed the accummulator/the billet servo/the 4.4 lever ratio/the billet piston you name it they have changed it. Its totally re-engineered to do what we all do with our trucks be beaten hard and enjoy it. Its you money though so its totally up to you read up on they sites for these guys and do some homework.