Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

How would this fuel....

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How would this fuel....

Ok guys my LP is dying and I been looking into upgrading my fuel system since I have to replace my LP. I thought instead buy another stock LP that I would look into a holley, being that I cant afford the FASS and I need to do something quick. So I read around and found the Vulcan Lift Pump relocation kit which a user on here has just installed and says nothing but good things about. SO I figured how about the Relocation kit and a Holley pump instead of the stock LP, would that be a smarter move than just replacing the stock LP? Which pump would I need?(part #'s) red or blue? I dont know much about these pumps so excuse me for lack on knowledge and/or newb questions. Also I am going to be adding a Drag Comp soon, so I want my FP to be A OK. Do yall have any other suggestions? Also whats the price on the holley pumps and what are the warrantys like? I need help fast!
Which set up??

Vulcan LP relo. kit + Holley

OR

Vulcan LP relo. kit + New stock LP
Old 07-09-2005, 08:05 PM

I need help guys! I need to figure out what to order!! I want to be able to place some orders on monday! My truck needs yalls help.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If my fuel pressure drops any lower with the next uprate...injectors, I'll go with a Holley black so far.
I like the Vulcan fittings too.
I like the wheels on Clifferd.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:17 PM

The Holley Black puts out more fuel (gph) than the Holley Blue. Many people prefer the blue over the black though. I have the negro and so far, so good, but mine has been "adjusted" and I also put a rebuild kit in it. The pump was a few years old when I got it, but after the rebuild, I idle at 25 psi and can't really drop it down below 15. When the funds come around, I think I'm gonna get a blue from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 07-09-2005, 10:23 PM

Yeah I am leaning towards the blue also. If I get the Vulcan kit and a holley Blue pump it will all bolt right in right? Will I need any extra fittings? I'm going to call Eric on monday to ask him a few question, I just want to see what I can get answered here.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:01 PM

Anyone else suggest anything?
Old 07-10-2005, 09:13 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Somebody mentioned on a thread here the other day that Dodge now offers a retrofit kit to put a lift pump inside the tank, like an 05 truck. Don't know how the price compares.

Trending Topics

Old 07-10-2005, 09:47 PM

I have a Holley blue ran with the stock lift pump still in place.It is mounted by the tank.I used the regulator it came with and have it set to idle at 20psi.Without the regulator it idled at about 28psi which I thought was a little more than I need so I slapped on the regulator and haven't had any problems with it.I still have the stock banjo's too,but for my HP level I think they work fine.I will probally go with the smartfuel lines pretty soon though.Good Luck!