Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

How easy it is to start down the slippery slope

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How easy it is to start down the slippery slope

Put my gauges and a new radio and cd-changer in this weekend. Everything went pretty well. Color matched paint was pretty close. Couldn't bring myself to cut the handle so I just removed it and worked with the pod until it fit. Glad to have gauges in the truck. Forgot how much I watched them in my old truck.<br><br>Now I have something to do while talking on the cell phone and eating lunch while chaging gears in the middle of the corner...
Old 03-11-2003, 10:39 AM
Banned

Re:How easy it is to start down the slippery slope

It is extremely easy to start down the slippery slope. When I first got my truck, I was only going to do an exhaust and intake until I was out of college. Well, that was when I was 16 and a junior in high school. Now I'm 17 and a senior in high school and look what I have done. I said I'd never do anything to my stereo other than speakers and a CD player. Next week I'm fiberglassing a box to house 6 12&quot; subs and I'm putting in a set of Infinity Component speakers tomorrow. Be very careful. The guys on here are very tricky. Before you know it, they'll con you into buying a chip and an exhaust and a clutch and injectors and on and on.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:58 AM

hey bigblue <br>when you finish it post some pix <br>is it going to be a custom box fitted for you truck <br><br>and as far as the slippery slope its a stright drop <br>you take one step and theres no turning back.. <br>your gone...
Old 03-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Banned

BIG&amp;BAD, I will. It is going to mold to the contours of the flood and will go up to the bottom of the back glass. Two of the subs will be on the ground and will be tilted at a slight angle towards each other and towards the roof. Then there will be four across the top facing the back of the drivers seat. In the middle of the two lower subs will be either an MTX 1000D chrome amp or an Audiobahn 1500watt amp recessed into it. It will be smoothed and painted the body color of the truck with ghost flames in it. I'm going to be doing a lot of fiberglassing in my truck. The arm rests in the front doors will be fiberglassed and painted body color with ghost flames. My gauge pillar will be smoothed and painted body color with no flames. I'm going to fiberglass a gauge mount into the front fascia in between the tach and speedo. The whole front fascia will be smoothed and painted body color as well. I have the camel interior with the dark blue paint job. The paint sparkles in the sun and I can't wait to see what it will look like with the dark blue and tan mixed together. Should look good.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:52 AM

Welcome to the dark side. Remember there is no escaping the desire of more raw power! You too will soon be making every kid in a honda choke from unburned diesel exhaust.
Old 03-11-2003, 02:01 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see how easy this is to do, and I can also see a DIVORCE coming outtat this too! ... Allready been hashing it out over a lift, tires and exhuast. She say's it's a &quot;classy looking truck&quot; as it is, why mess with it??? ??? Women they will never learn!
Old 03-11-2003, 02:07 PM

you all have too much money. :P<br>DM01
Old 03-11-2003, 04:33 PM

not any more ;D
Old 03-11-2003, 10:38 PM
Banned

[quote author=dodgeman01 link=board=7;threadid=12054;start=0#114505 date=1047413279]<br>you all have too much money. :P<br>DM01<br>[/quote]<br><br>That's cause I s*** gold. <br><br>
Old 03-12-2003, 08:11 AM

Buy the wife her own CTD Then she'll want the same mods to her truck ;D 2x$ but she won't complain about your Bombin <br>wk
Old 03-12-2003, 10:17 AM

hey bigblue , is that something like a Q-logik box? I got a big Q-box in my truck, it has a divider that divides the two back seats up on the floor[ kindof like buckit seats in the back ] with built in cup holders and goes under the back seat with 2 -14s under them with a 1500 w rockford fosghate amp under the passengers seat with a pioneer c-d player with wireless remote. hopefully sone to have 10 dic changer too!
Old 03-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Banned

Sort of. Except that mine will completely take up the whole rear. From door-to-door and floor-to-bottom of back glass. It's huge. I've got one now that houses three that sits on top of my back seat. Each sub has it's own compartment in my current box. In the one I'm building, there will be three subs per chamber. What's going to end up happening is I'm going to build two seperate boxes, then combining them.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:18 PM

unfortunitly, i will either keep the same set-up I have for speakers right now or even get rid of the q- logic box simply for the reason having kid #3 on the way and not much room in back otherwise soo...