Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

HotRod VP44 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HotRod VP44 questions

A buddy of mine with a CTD 01 has just thrown the death code and is getting mixed info on the HRVP44s, he was told that the truck would have a very lumpy idle, and that the pumps are not lasting that long, he was also told that the pumps are for RACE USE ONLY, hahahaha, if thats the case then why are so many of em in use on daily driven street trucks? is it worth getting one or just getting a stock one and re-tapping it, he currently has a comp box tapped, a set of 80hp BD injectors, and a Fass system, he has called 2 very reputable shops that have givin him this info, sounds like they are trying to talk him out of it. Thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 01:05 PM

Call up Industrial Injection and talk to them about it.

The idle will be smooth and same as stock, and the pumps should last just as long as any other rebuilt pump.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Banned

It sounds like they want him to buy a pump from them so they can cash in. I would suggest he call Industrial Injection and Blue Chip before he makes a move.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:55 PM

Thumbs up

I just installed my Industrial Injection SHOVP44 a couple of weeks ago and it is great! It idles just as smooth as stock but has around 50 or 60 more horsepower measured by my seat-of-the-pants-ometer . I had a TST PM3 Comp box on my truck previously (that I did not re-install) and now it runs like it did with the box turned on #1 or #2 setting except there is no box. They are kind of pricey now that the cost went up as of Feb. 1, but I had to have a pump and I wasn't planning on putting a wire tap box back on, so I sprung for the HRVP (SHO) version.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by 1qckdodge
is it worth getting one or just getting a stock one and re-tapping it, he currently has a comp box tapped, a set of 80hp BD injectors, and a Fass system,
The HRVP is a great option if you want power without a wire tap, but if he's going to tap the comp he might as well go SO VP. It won't be worth the difference in price with his setup, unless he's a HO with dreams of high hp
Old 03-08-2006, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is anyone running a HRVP with a Catcher or a Smarty?
Old 03-09-2006, 12:54 AM

^
|
|
|
|
|
Look above your last post

Old 03-09-2006, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by mkubacak
They like each other =P Once I get this clutch and get her on the rollers I'll be able to tell more. I've heard a comp user say the hrvp feels like comp on level 3 fwiw.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:15 AM

A buddy of mine with a CTD 01 has just thrown the death code and is getting mixed info on the HRVP44s, he was told that the truck would have a very lumpy idle, and that the pumps are not lasting that long, he was also told that the pumps are for RACE USE ONLY, hahahaha, if thats the case then why are so many of em in use on daily driven street trucks? is it worth getting one or just getting a stock one and re-tapping it, he currently has a comp box tapped, a set of 80hp BD injectors, and a Fass system, he has called 2 very reputable shops that have givin him this info, sounds like they are trying to talk him out of it. Thanks
The HRVP is an awsome addition. The longevity of the pump should be as long or longer than a stock VP. There are different makers of these pumps and it is my understanding that some are not as streetable as others...... I think the reason they sometimes get a bad rap is they normally go on all out trucks looking for max HP and stacking boxes etc. is hard on anything.

We are seeing a new user of the HRVP, this is the consumer who wants additional HP and reliability. They install the HRVP and don't tap the wire. This is a great combo, truck runs lik a truck with a Comp box set on level 3. Still most of my customers tap the wire and love the increased HP.

Doug Smith
Old 03-09-2006, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CTD_Neil
^
|
|
|
|
|
Look above your last post

I guess that is a yes.

Pardon my illiteracy.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:49 PM

I guess that is a yes.
Just being a smart a$$
I know if my VP44 ever goes there'll be a HRVP44 going in it's place.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:33 AM
The Guru

Jetpilot, the trucks that you mentioned installing a HRVP are they on SO or a HO truck? I heard that on a SO truck wont pick-up any extra power with a drag box. I'm interested in them if it can give me more fuel at the rpm's above 2700 rpm's. My truck kinda starts to run out of fuel and starts to break-up pretty bad. It pulls hard until then 2700 rpm's. My truck will stall if I go wot (thats with my drag box on 5X5) and if I take my foot out of it. I heard a couple other guys encountering the same issues. I really don't have the same issues running a comp box, though.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:30 AM

Thanks guys, I know for my truck I will use one because im running a Catcher and dont have anything to tap, I figure that with a new turbo and a set of stage 4 nozzles will be a good combo, Thanks.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:34 AM

Thanks guys, I know for my truck I will use one because im running a Catcher and dont have anything to tap, I figure that with a new turbo and a set of stage 4 nozzles will be a good combo, Thanks.
If the tranny holds it =P I don't know much about autos, but my clutch is no match for mach 4's
Old 03-13-2006, 01:22 AM

If the tranny holds it =P I don't know much about autos, but my clutch is no match for mach 4's

Yeah, im trying to get the wife to loosen up on the purse strings even if I can start with a valvebody and converter I will feel better.