Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Hotrod VP44

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rick, I wasnt trying to insult your knowledge! Sorry if I came accross that way!
The HRVP44 uses the same rebuilding processes all the other pump go through! I've dealt back and forth when dealing with a few customers that were determined on a Hotrod. I guess I have some negativity to them due to the fact MANY of the rebuilders and builders try to claim these pumps are somthing there not. There is more profit for the BUILDER when it comes to a HRVP. That I know of, Theres only one company that makes the majority of all pump parts, that being Bosch. The only pump that I know of that has any internal changes compared to a SO is the Monster. It's being proven more and more every day, And myself even being skeptical of it, I'm now somewhat impressed with some of the results!
Also , I know for a fact some builders utilize electronics similar to a Edge EZ or Comp built into the pump . (Re-programed pump module)

Now, As far as my opinion on the most efficent use of fuel and money in this situation is somewhat two sided, but I'll stick with a very simple Opinion on this.
With the money you save buying a SO vp-44, You can purchase the highest of quality Injectors, and get superior fuel atomization , which has benifits such as better fuel mileage, cleaner burn, longer fuel system and engine life as well as a smoother running Rig!
Some folks have issues with a HRvp44 having a lope, which in some cases can be minimized using Smarty software. the HRvp44 does not have the option of turning the fuel down (such as a box like a Edge comp or Edge juice, Adr. and so on) will have. This being the biggest problem I see, Simply due to fuel prices.

I'm not downing a HRVP-44 for those who have them, I'm not suggesting you buy a SO or anything of that nature. I am however saying that the technology in the VP trucks has made extreme advances in the past few years, I couldnt see buying a out dated pump , until the prices are on the same level! I'll be selling my silver truck and going back to a 12v in the next few months! I've pushed the 24v to my "limits" (atleast in my mind) ! Mind you at this point we're at 800+ with the SO pump on the truck!

Again ,Please dont take me as a hostile individual, I sometimes manner my self that way and I appologize lol!

Ph4tty , Thanks for explaining my theory, It just goes to show theres still good people on the web, Many of the other sites would have turned this thread in a horrible dirrection! I greatly appreciate your comments !!

L
Old 06-03-2008, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lurch519
I was not looking for max HP. I was looking for the most efficient use of the fuel I put into the motor. My plans are to get a set of mild injectors and a Smarty, intake, exhaust, and probably upgrade the turbo. The question was to learn what would be the best pump to keep for a spare and if the HRVP44 pumped up the pressure. I'm looking for experience and reccomendations here 'cause I'm definatley on the low end of the learning curve here.
PS, The SO will have all the desired pressure, the only thing going to offer higher pressure to the point you'll notice will be the monster.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:03 AM

Didn't mean to open a can of worms, but I DO thank everyone for thier input and opinions. That is what I was asking for and I believe I've gotten the information I am looking for. Thanks !