Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Hot Juice Upgrade Worth it??

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 02:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hot Juice Upgrade Worth it??

I just upgraded to the Hot Juice and all that I can say is that I am not happy! Should have saved my 100 bucks. I was told that the fuel would come on sooner but it feels the same. I does of course rev higher which is a bonus in my manual shifted truck, and it did shave a tenth off of my 0-60 time, now a slow 7.8 seconds.

Was it worth it, NO! I hope others will comment and point out some benefits of Hot that I do not know.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't hold back man, tell us how you really feel. BTW, if you want the fuel to come on sooner, unplug your MAP sensor.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:12 AM

It feels just like 4 and 5 to me. I think that with these slightly bigger injectors, 4,5, and 6 feel the same. I guess that I need to pay Gillett Diesel $75 bucks to do a dyno run and compare the numbers.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed a huge difference on my 02, i thought it was worth every penny. I also have a hand shaker
Old 04-20-2007, 07:01 AM

wierd...my 2000 was a different truck with the upgrade
Old 04-20-2007, 07:15 AM

Hot

There must be somthing wrong it made a huge difference on mine. Do you have you wire tapped. The thing about the map sensor isnt true. If you want to do somthing with the MAP sensor jump the signal and the 5v wire.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:21 AM

If you have your boost cut-off level set to low on the Attitude, it will just defuel sooner on top end to keep the boost at your set level. I notice that with mine on 5x5. I have mine limited to 37 psi boost, and I can tell when it hits that wall. The Juice will defuel to keep it there. I could set it to 45, but then my head gasket would be short lived.

-Chuck
Old 04-20-2007, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by CTD01
The thing about the map sensor isnt true. If you want to do somthing with the MAP sensor jump the signal and the 5v wire.
I don't know about the 5V wire mod, but the unplugging the MAP sensor gives you near instant throttle response. Doesn't work??? On the dyno on my buddy's truck he made a consistent 7-9 more h.p. with it unplugged. Not a lot, but definately made a difference in bottom end. I leave mine unplugged all the time b/c it makes a big difference on my truck. Instead of ramping up the timing to the set level, it comes to full timing advance as soon as it gets the first signal to start the ramp up. I've had 2 Drag Comps on mine. Ran a buddy's before I bought a Drag and his was a lot stronger than the one I have now. Possibly setup different or just a difference in trucks?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2whistlers
I don't know about the 5V wire mod, but the unplugging the MAP sensor gives you near instant throttle response. Doesn't work??? On the dyno on my buddy's truck he made a consistent 7-9 more h.p. with it unplugged. Not a lot, but definately made a difference in bottom end. I leave mine unplugged all the time b/c it makes a big difference on my truck. Instead of ramping up the timing to the set level, it comes to full timing advance as soon as it gets the first signal to start the ramp up. I've had 2 Drag Comps on mine. Ran a buddy's before I bought a Drag and his was a lot stronger than the one I have now. Possibly setup different or just a difference in trucks?
Unplugging the map shouldn't give you more hp..it just makes the box fuel off idle....
Old 04-21-2007, 02:38 AM

Ok, so I had level 6 on sublevel 3. It is a little snappier than level 5 when both are on sublevel 5. Still not sure it was worth $100, but everything is too expensive nowadays.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:29 AM

Comp

Originally Posted by 2whistlers
If you notice he DOES NOT HAVE THE COMP. He has the Juice with attitude. IT DOES NOT WORK! You will lose big power by just unplugging it.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:38 AM

I had the Drag Comp Upgrade om my old Comp and now the Hot Program on my Juice. The way I see it is why not have the full potential of the module. I love the performance.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:32 AM

If you notice he DOES NOT HAVE THE COMP. He has the Juice with attitude. IT DOES NOT WORK! You will lose big power by just unplugging it.
May be right. Just stating this because a guy I know said that with his JUICE with Attitude had a big improvement after unplugging the MAP sensor.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by CTD01
Try it for yourself......
Attached Thumbnails Hot Juice Upgrade Worth it??-instructions-map-switch-jump.jpg  
Old 10-17-2007, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by strokethisgoat
Try it for yourself......
will that work with trucks that don't have the edge juice?

Quick Reply: Hot Juice Upgrade Worth it??