Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Homemade Valet switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gunracer1:I did it because it can easily be put back; this is what i had around; and it works just as good... It doesent matter if you have a boost leak or not. It works fine, so im not worried about changing it.

Jlipskoc: Glad you are having luck with it. Its just something simple to play with the way i see it; and is very cheap to do. I like the way you did yours too.Glad to see someone else can get some use out of it... I ran with mine open for about 3 days straight, and the truck has no driveability problems/negative effects with the valve open. Im really happy with mine also. With the valve i have, i noticed that after closing it back for full power, the boost would partially open it back up after a few hard runs, so might have to do some fiddling with that, but i really like it so far. If you dyno, be sure, and let us know what you lost with it. Its just nice to have some power adjustability; and plus if someone else ever has to drive your truck, you know it will be much harder for them to hurt it, because EGT's wont get out of hand. Keep us posted I dont really have any mileage reports as of latley...I think i have a rear end/wheel bearing problem right now, and i havent filled up with fuel latley, but i elieve it should be better.

Eric