Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Holley blue question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holley blue question

Just got done installing a holley blue on my truck this evening, and I had a little trouble with it. I put it inline, outside the frame back by the tank. The trouble was low pressure. 10PSI at starter bump, and about 7 at idle, with no regulator inline. Does the regulator have to be in there? I am confused because the pump is supposed to be set at 14PSI out of the box. I wound up digging around in the "spring drawer" in the shop and found two little springs to put inside the pressure spring, two gave me 25+PSI, so I took one out and I got 18PSI idle, no less than 14 or so WOT. Acceptable pressures, but is the pump providing enough flow to keep the VP happy? I did run line around the stock pump (left it on the block though) and went thru the stock filter. I had a little trouble with the relay I got today, so I wound up wiring straight to the stock LP power wire. I will hopefully get a new relay tomorrow and fix the wiring. Does anyone see anything wrong with what I had to do? I got the blue b/c I have heard good things about it, and AZ had it in stock. None of the Advance's around here stock the 4601HP, and I had to get the idiot at AZ to look in their book, rather than looking in the computer to even find that. Some people just don't try anymore, but, I can't say anything, I don't work there and deal with idiots every day.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No the regulator does not need to be in there. You should have been OK. It almost sounds like you got a blue pump with a red spring installed. Kind of a pain that you had to mess with springs, but other than the trouble, there is nothing wrong with what you did. You should be just fine.

You may see some more when you get the relay installed and send full voltage to the motor. But what you got now is totally fine.

KP
Old 02-11-2006, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet, that's what I wanted to hear. I knew the 25+ was too high, and just got lucky finding a spring in the shop.