Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Holley Blue Pump Versus Other Lift Pumps

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey i'm gonna be putting in a holley black pump sometime inline with my stock lp. could i wire it up in the cab to a switch so i can start it up after i start the dodge?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 PM

2141pete i have the intank pump and i would like to add another pump how did u run two pumps ?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they holley doesnt let flow through very much.

youd need to bypass a one way valve, so it would open if you have the holley off, and close if you switch the holley on, thats what im wanting to do on my 12 valve too.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:52 PM

Holley files for Bankrupcy

Just a note to those looking at the Holley pumps. Hopefully it won't affect the products. But cost cutting may change where the products are made and ultimately, may affect quality.

Feb. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Holley Performance Products Inc., a century-old maker of specialty parts for stock-car and drag- racing, filed for bankruptcy, faulting a late 1990s expansion for saddling the company with too much debt.

Closely held Holley would be taken over by noteholders owed as much as $145.8 million, according to an outline of a reorganization plan filed today in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware. The company, based in Bowling Green, Kentucky, listed debts of $243 million and assets of $106 million as of Jan. 28.

In the years following its expansion, ``Holley did not generate sufficient cash flows to support the debt incurred,'' Chief Financial Officer Thomas W. Tomlinson said in an affidavit.

Holley and four of its affiliates filed for bankruptcy protection about two years after the company renegotiated the terms on part of the 12.5 percent notes that were due last year. Holley's majority shareholder, funds managed by Kohlberg & Co., quit providing the company the cash it needed to make interest payments, according to court papers.

The reorganization will cut Holley's debt by about $100 million, Tomlinson said in a telephone interview today.

Holley has about 390 employees in Kentucky, California and Mississippi who make carburetor and other fuel and air-systems parts with brand names including Hooker, FlowTech and Nitrous Oxide Systems.

Nascar Sponsor

``Employees will not be affected by the bankruptcy, and the company will continue operations as normal,'' Tomlinson said.

Holley's customers include Ford Racing and GM Performance Parts. The company is a sponsor of the National Hot Rod Association and has a program that supports the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, (Nascar), according to court documents.

The company was founded in 1903 by brothers George and Earl Holley, who designed a carburetor for the Ford Model T called the Iron Pot. Later, Holley built engine parts for planes during World War II, according to the company's Web site.

Under a deal negotiated with 70 percent of the company's second-lien noteholders, Holley would pay its general unsecured creditors, such as trade vendors, in full and give almost all its equity to the noteholders, according to a description of the reorganization plan, called a disclosure statement, filed today.

Noteholders would get about 45.8 percent of what they're owed under the proposal, which requires a judge's approval.

The case is: In re Holley Performance Products Inc., 08-10256, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware (Wilmington).
Old 02-16-2008, 08:02 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
using this setup w/a holley blue

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pts/572176397.html.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by dodge_24
2141pete i have the intank pump and i would like to add another pump how did u run two pumps ?
I just put the holley in line on the frame rail. You will have to cut out a little of the metal fuel line, thon hook the holley to the fuel line and adjust your pressure. with the pump in the tank the FP is gonna be high so make sure and adjust it. I cut the spring in the holley until it has 20 at idle and no less than 10 at WOT. If you have anymore questions shoot me a PM.