Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

HO pump info

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:23 PM
KVD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HO pump info

Since I'm lookin at an HO truck I sent an e-mail to Blue Chips and askin them about there FMS vs the APB box they sale,

"Since I have a HO truck and all I the HP I can get from the pump is 90HP, is it worth the money, performance wise (not fancy wise) to the get the FMS over the APB. Does the FMS just fuel harder or will it make more peak horsepower." I was sent this back yesterday.

From Blue Chips,

"Hello Clint,
You are full of bad information. The HO pump delivers MORE fuel than the SO pump, as its rotor holds more fuel. The reason HO trucks like injectors better is that the pop off pressure is higher and the nozzles are smaller. Yes I said smaller, so therefore putting a bigger hole at the end of the pipe works great. You can get lots more than 90 more horsepower out of every VP44, so don't limit your thinking the way you have. The FMS is so adjustable that it can be used with any other power enhancing product.
The FMS makes at least 15 more horsepower than the APB. The FMS can fuel harder AND longer than the APB because it is so adjustable. TRhe APB is dumb by comparison.
Best Regards, Chip Fisher

He also sent this the day before,

I am confused about some of the numbers you are giving me.The HO pump has more fuel volume to give than the pump for all other trucks, so it makes more horsepower than the others as we empty the rotor at 63 % on our FMS. The horsepower gain wiith our product is also modified by how big an injector you are using. A customer with really big injectors informed me just yesterday that over the weekend he was on a dyno and his truck ( not an HO ) made 140 more horsepower with the FMS turned on than just big injectors alone. That impressed me as we only advertise an honest 100 more HP at the rear wheels.

Ok, what does that mean??? IS he still sayin that unless I change the injectors I will only see 90HP?? The only thing that got me was, The HO delivers more fuel????
Old 11-16-2006, 06:27 PM

I am looking to go with the APB on my 2001.5 HO
If I can get 90 hp for $495.00 , thats good enough
for me Why pay the extra $500.00 for the
FMS if you already have gauges like me.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Registered

The 90hp only gain their talking about is just adding a wire tap box, where the same box on a SO pump will be more. you can add alot more power than 90 hp with injectors on both pumps. I'm going to dyno my truck with the HO pump then go to a SO pump and have #'s to prove this (one way or the other) IF I CAN EVER GET ON THE DYNO