Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

HO Motor, xzt+ or Edge EZ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HO Motor, xzt+ or Edge EZ?

Trying to figure out which one, would really like the xzt+ because while I am looking for more mpg, the ability to have the extra hp would be nice. So do you get the same mpg gains out of an HO motor as you would a SO motor on the xzt+ vs. the EZ? I do know that with the EZ you only get about 45hp, so I am assuming that the results would be the same with the xzt+, just not sure about the other things. Does anybody know the HP gains with a HO on the xzt+ on both settings(mpg and performance)? I have dug through the old threads, just did not find specific things I am asking, thanks in advance for you input.

DuaneW.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:28 PM

i dont think anybodys dynoed with just the XZT+ or EZ. i have the XZT+ and use to have the EZ. there is no compaeson the XZT+ is by far the better box. on max milage setting you gain 35 hp, not enoff to really even feel but its there. on in a flip of a switch though this truck really comes alive. mine will even put out a little bit of smoke with the mods listed. as far as iv heard the new aggresev tune is good for something like 75 hp!!! but dont quote me on that quad would have the real numbers. quad prity much rules these vp trucks u wont be disapointed. now iv heard that on a HO its not a good idea to do a timing box someone will probibly chime in on that one.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:05 PM

I had both the ez and XZT+. The XZT+ is far better. Not to mention you get a high idle and it can get updated. Additionally you have three settings you can adjust from inside the cab.

As far as fuel milage i cant give you a good acurate guess, because since i have had the XZT+ all i have done is haul heavy and city driving with lots of idling.

I have an HO too so i am curious about this timing thing and HO i have never really gotten a good answer so some one who knows somethin chime in please.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:42 AM

Ok, per QZILLA the MPG gains are still there even with the HO motor, they also stated that SOME HO's do get the full HP gain but that he would not expect that out of all of them, seems to be luck of the draw and it is not a large loss. Makes it sound like the HO's take less of a hit with the XZT+ than the EZ, seems like the HO's only get about half+ on the EZ. Looks like I will have to get one on order, doing the math at 30k miles per year wont take long to pay for itself if I only get the min MPG improvement of 8%.

Thanks for the responses and THANK YOU QZILLA for answering my PM, was not sure if you would because I bet you get BUNCHES of them.

DuaneW.