Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

HO BOSH INJECTORS FROM THE DEALER??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 01:14 AM

Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts
Re:HO BOSH INJECTORS FROM THE DEALER??

Are thought you were speaking of the D-max when you said 6.0, since there arent many Fords out there yet. But any way I do know someone who HAD a D-max and put the Edge box on it. Dont know which one but he liked it for a while then said it started smoking, I think. So he returned it and got a Banks stinger kit. He was supposed to get the turbo impeller replaced with the kit but never got that far because the oil pressure guage stopped working. So he let the dealer look at it 15 or so times before the replaced everything finally concluding it was the Banks kit that caused the problem. So angry and upset he traded it in. <br><br>I couldnt afford to be so hasty.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was talking about the Ford. I know quite a few happy Dmax owners.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:20 AM

[quote author=Haulin in Dixie link=board=7;threadid=14801;start=30#140050 date=1053390722]<br>[quote author=GrandpasRam link=board=7;threadid=14801;start=15#139790 date=1053351270]<br><br>I really was not trying to offend, only point out that these size trucks have practical limitations as an entire unit, and if you want to pull 30K+ on public roads you need something that has the suspension, brakes etc. to do it safely. Sorry if it came across the wrong way! <br>[/quote]<br><br>Well, GrandpasRam, I pull 30,000 plus with my Ram, legally, properly insured, and safely. I can pass any brake test on the road if necessary. I do not like the implication that I am some kind of an unsafe idiot putting childrens lives in jeapordy. There are laws that govern these things that include tire capacity, axle capacity, and braking power. My truck complies, even in New York. <br><br>I have driven sand dumps on the island weighing 220,000, now that was unsafe, but I was just making a living. Now and then we would get an overweight ticket. For your information that was wet washed beach sand from Stoneybrook to Ryan Cement in Brooklyn in 53 yard dumpers pulled by v12 detroits. I can tell you this, when you see a sand dumper on long island, he is over weight.<br><br>So far as brakes go I just noticed today while installing new tires that in a few thousand I will need to replace my brakes for the third time. The truck has over 196,000 miles pulling as I do normally, 26,000 to 32,000. It is plated for 33,000 and legal to 36,000 in some states. Its honest safe margin ends around 32,000 when it gets too heavy, but that is what mods are for, there is some more coming. I do not drive a truck that I feel is unsafe. I also care not who else thinks so as long as I can keep legal for DOT and have confidence in the ride. I have the miles of experience in all sizes of trucks and busses to be able to say this.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Haulin, my remarks were not aimed at you; sorry you took them personally. You have gone to the effort to DOT cerify and license for the loads you are pulling, so I don't include you in the idiots category. Obviously, a person can put on heavier wheels, a larger axle, heavier suspension and run those ratings plenty higher than the factory stock rating. If you read the post, I was describing factory equipped vehicles for the tow ratings, and the point was that only increasing horsepower is not all there is to increasing the safe towing capacity. Fire and forestry equipped vehicle from the factory are, if you look at the Cummins and OEM literature, configured differently than other commercial application vehicles, and don't therefore have the same ratings. BTW, the FL120 would be for towed loads (not including the FL120 tractor) of 50K+. I also drove construction trucks overloaded years ago to make a living, and don't fault you for that - I fault your employer for that. It was common in the days I was doing that for employers to place such requirements on their drivers and jobs were not plentiful, so we had to do what we had to do to feed the family. <br><br>I always keep you and the rest of the DTR gang in my prayers for Him to keep you all safe and blessed regardless of differences of opinion. God Bless.
Old 05-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Banned

I like my Comp. ;D My dealer tried to void my warranty cause I had gauges(said the FP gauge caused pump failure :). Called BS on that. They tried to void my warranty cause I have a sound system on it. Called BS on that to. I hate my dealer. I was lucky to have the electronics in the tranny replaced under warranty. But I figure after them trying to screw me out of warranty for gauges and a system, I'll give them a little payback. Was it honest? Probably not. Do I really give a rats a**? No. Besides, the new lift pump they gave me was dead from the factory (dealer said it was at 13 at idle so it was good. Although it was 6 at WOT). I have since replaced it with a Holley Black pump and I have no fears of it going out again. I am quite easy on my truck. I do race quite a bit (check out the kill list ;D). I don't tow anything (unless you count a couple of coolers and a couch). I drive fast. I drive safe. I modded my truck to race and I have accepted the consequences of it. I am saving for a race built tranny as we speak. My mom and dad asked me why I want to toy with a decent truck. I told them that I haven't done anything to it to make it un-decent. I have just picked up where DC left off in making it the perfect truck. ;D
Old 05-23-2003, 12:37 AM

Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts

I always keep you and the rest of the DTR gang in my prayers for Him to keep you all safe and blessed regardless of differences of opinion. God Bless.
Its nice to see such kind words! ;D ;D ;D<br><br>
I drive fast. I drive safe
<br>Isnt that an oxymoron??? Just kidding. But really, this is a 3.5 ton vehicle and they could do a lot of damage. Please becareful out there on the streets!!! Its fun to race and go fast but there is a right time and wrong time for everything.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:38 AM
Banned

There is a right time. That would be about 1 am on Beltway 8. ;D