Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

HO BOSH INJECTORS FROM THE DEALER??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 02:19 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Re:HO BOSH INJECTORS FROM THE DEALER??

Well I may fling my 2c across the pond <br><br>If I, Joe Consumer, go to a dealer and buy a truck, and this dealer sells me a performance upgrade to the truck I want a warranty. I couldn't care less whether the dealer gets back his cash from a manufacturer or not. But I can imagine that I would sign a contract that says something like &quot; OK I know the truck is modded, and I accept responsibility for whatever breaks in the drivetrain because of these modifications and I will have to prove that it wasn't the modifications that broke it but a glitch of the manufacturer&quot;<br>Over here a vehicle dealer is responsible for the results of a chip or any other mod he installs. Hence most of them don't do it or let you sign a waiver. Also we have some weights stated in the papers of our vehicles and if you exceed them you get a massive punishing. And if something breaks because you overloaded your vehicle- no warranty.<br><br>And since the next DC rep. who could do warranty work is over the ocean, I am my own warranty station anyways.<br><br>AlpineRAM
Old 05-19-2003, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i moded my truck to be a better all around rig. and when i pulled up beside a 03 and he nailed it, i just rolled into it and blew him away. you should have seen the look on his face, he was trying to figure out what was wrong with his truck. i gross 20k+ all the time, and i have never had a better tow rig. it will get hot if i try to run 75 up ranger hill, but it will go up it at 70 and never break 1200 on the pyro. it couldn't do that stock.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, I have to ask this.<br><br>I have an Edge EZ on my truck. What happens if my lift pump fails? It should be under warranty. But just because I have a moderate fueling box, does that mean that a known defective component should not be replaced under warranty?<br><br>It is flat illegal (read the Magnusson-Moss act of 1975) for DC to deny a warranty claim because the truck has aftermarket parts unless they can reasonably PROVE that the aftermarket part caused the failure. But they do it anyway. And just because DC can bully dealers into enforcing their illegal policies, that doesn't make it right.<br><br>So if I blow my lift pump, I will tell you right now that I will pull my Edge EZ box off, take it into the dealer and request warranty repair. Do I feel this is dishonest? Not at all. I believe DC has pushed their own customers into a corner by denying warranty repairs that never should have been denied. If they were reasonable about it, their custgomers might be reasonable too.<br><br><br>The way I see it, DC knew that the lift pump on my truck was probably defective when they sold me the truck. That's dishonesty! &gt; All of these lift pumps should have been reengineered and replaced under a factory recall. That would have been the honest thing to do. But DC would rather pay lawyers and lose a few claims than pay out the appropriate warranty costs for a problematic fueling system.<br><br>DC knows that if they deny everything possible, they'll win 90+% of the time. But that doesn't change the fact that it's a criminal act.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:40 PM

Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts

Hey thesatsfan, I like the way you talk.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:06 PM

On my 94 the steering developed a pull, it was a common and known problem, I went to the dealer to get it looked at. They didnt have any problem agreeing that it was pulling since it was pulling hard and quite obvious. An appointment was made for a week later. During the week my new tires I had on order to put on my new truck came in and I had em put on. When I went to the dealer to have the steering fixed they denied my warranty bacause of the oversized (285/75R16) tires. So I went down to my attorney for a consoltation and had him lead me through the process of fighting the denial. It turns out its not nearly as hard as a they like to make out and the end result was I got my truck fixed. Its way to much stuff to type in here and Im not sure how things change from one state to another but you need only contact a lawyer to get started and can do it yourself once you get the ball rolling. In such a case the law really is on your side and I wish more people would fight these things. We might see a change of attitude then.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:18 PM

Crabman, you were in the right because your truck developed the problem before the mod. I can say this however. GM sent us a bulletin saying that we are not to do warranty work on a truck with steering, handling, or tranmission problems(slipping or odd shifting patterns) until the tires have been returned to stock size. :
Old 05-19-2003, 07:32 PM

[quote author=GrandpasRam link=board=7;threadid=14801;start=15#139790 date=1053351270]<br><br>I really was not trying to offend, only point out that these size trucks have practical limitations as an entire unit, and if you want to pull 30K+ on public roads you need something that has the suspension, brakes etc. to do it safely. Sorry if it came across the wrong way! <br>[/quote]<br><br>Well, GrandpasRam, I pull 30,000 plus with my Ram, legally, properly insured, and safely. I can pass any brake test on the road if necessary. I do not like the implication that I am some kind of an unsafe idiot putting childrens lives in jeapordy. There are laws that govern these things that include tire capacity, axle capacity, and braking power. My truck complies, even in New York. <br><br>I have driven sand dumps on the island weighing 220,000, now that was unsafe, but I was just making a living. Now and then we would get an overweight ticket. For your information that was wet washed beach sand from Stoneybrook to Ryan Cement in Brooklyn in 53 yard dumpers pulled by v12 detroits. I can tell you this, when you see a sand dumper on long island, he is over weight.<br><br>I am very particular with my truck and keep it safe. My total axle capacities (including brakes) are rated for what I pull. You obviously are discussing a subject that you do not have experience with. Insurance companies are great at making sure that they are not in jeapordy with the vehicles that they insure. Incidentially we purchased a new fire truck a couple of years ago. It is a FL60, grosses over 36,000 pounds. No mods, certified that way. Why in the world would anyone want a FL120 to pull 30,000 pounds in a semi combination?<br><br>So far as brakes go I just noticed today while installing new tires that in a few thousand I will need to replace my brakes for the third time. The truck has over 196,000 miles pulling as I do normally, 26,000 to 32,000. It is plated for 33,000 and legal to 36,000 in some states. Its honest safe margin ends around 32,000 when it gets too heavy, but that is what mods are for, there is some more coming. I do not drive a truck that I feel is unsafe. I also care not who else thinks so as long as I can keep legal for DOT and have confidence in the ride. I have the miles of experience in all sizes of trucks and busses to be able to say this.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:25 AM

I think its best for most to stay out of this thread. As far as my 2 cents its your truck do with it what you wish. I have with mine nobody is gonna tell me I can't chop it or mod its thats the way it is. I had some guy trying to tell me the other day air ride is illeagal what about the fords running it and ummm lets see 90% of the transport trucks out there! As for warranty I am my own station and I don't care it was my choice and I stand by it. A stock cummins barely has enough go to pass someone in my comfort zone anyways now I hammer it and and by the time I am at the guys driver door I am 95 MPH+ thats a nice feeling ;D nothing worse then am I gonna make it?? As for towing ove gross Im sure most of us have done it if you are a sensible guy not trying to tow said load at 100 MPH then whats the big deal?
Old 05-20-2003, 12:08 PM

How bout them injectors!!!! <br><br><br><br>I think the lessons that should be learned here are:<br><br>1: If you Bomb dont expect powertrain warranty work!!! (especially if your truck is out of warranty anyhow! )<br><br>2: People don't take kindly to others trying to tell them what to do with their trucks!<br><br>3: If you have the time and money to bomb and therefore become your own warranty station then go for it!!<br><br>4: Hauling heavy loads is dangerous.....yet can be safe with proper bombs<br><br>5: Duramax's leak fuel into the crankcase ;D<br><br>6: Dodges don't :P<br><br>7: We all own Dodges!!!! W/Cummins's!!! So lets get along guys!!!!<br><br>Who cares if one guys bombs his truck and voids his warranty, that is his choice! Or who cares if the next guys hauls heavy? We are all a member of a great club here and need to take advantage of the info and fun involved! All we need to know is we have the greatest truck on the market, and we are members of the greatest site on the net!!!<br><br>8: Bombs are good...mmmmmkay!<br><br>just my 23cents!
Old 05-20-2003, 02:34 PM

[quote author=HOHN link=board=7;threadid=14801;start=15#139785 date=1053349915]<br>Merrick:<br><br>How would gauges have let your Dad spot the leaking injector? Would EGT or boost numbers be all whacked out? Oil pressure?<br><br>Was it, in fact, a leaking injector that caused the problem?<br><br>ANother DMAX goes the way of the 6.0PSD<br><br>HOHN<br>[/quote]<br><br>1. We are grossing 27,000 pounds, oil temp, with EGT, and boost should have been the few gauges we should have had.<br><br>2. Still waiting to hear from the dealer, but all indicators point that direction.<br><br>3. ugle 6.0's<br><br>Merrick Cummings Jr
Old 05-20-2003, 08:17 PM

i tell you one thing, with only a LITTLE box the 6.0 will run high to mid 14's all day.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:30 AM

If there was a Little Box driving my truck it would run faster too. ;D
Old 05-21-2003, 12:44 PM

I know some folks care what their truck can do at the drag strip. I dont. The real measure is if you are happy with your purchase. So far all of the 6.0 guys I have talked to are unhappy with their purchase. Of course all of em had just watched their truck dyno out with way less power than rated. The one I talked to for a fair while said it scooted along better unloaded but didnt tow near as well as his old power stroke. He wasnt happy. Now the four people I met with the 6.0 certainly cant be expected to represent the feelings of all, it is interesting that they all indicated the they werent happy and all of em had had problems.
Old 05-21-2003, 02:35 PM

I bombed my truck for the all around driving pleasure. Look to see what I did. I have a better rig to haul with.<br>When I hook to my load I can get there without shifting as much, staying out of the way of traffic on the hills, and not lugging the engine at such high rpm's.<br>I also increased my fuel mileage considerably. Now when passing others I am not shifting at all. Thats fun.<br>I have the smoke I want for amusement. Thats cool !!!!!! With all this I am very happy with the improved Cummins. Its the motor I bought.<br>I am not a fan of the truck by no means. I like the chevy ride and interior much better, but they did not have a reliable engine. :'(<br><br><br>Last week, Cattle Hauler and I had the same problem. Both of our AC hoses had a hole rubbed in them from <br>the truck. When we picked up our new hoses we noticed that DC had improved the hose with a plastic sheath. HMMMMMMM : :<br><br>I wonder why they did that?????? Because they new this was a problem, and did not want to fool with a recal that would help us the consumer of these automobiles.!!!!!<br>Is that poor busisness? Well on one stand point yes, and the other no.<br><br>So this is not the only thing that has happened to vehicles through history. Every make and model will have something<br>like this happen. Thing is, they should have recalled the hose and made adjustments for us!!!!!!<br><br>As far as hauling, its personal preferance. Haul what you want. I wont say what I have had on the truck, but<br>I wont do it again unless I trade the tractor off!!!!!

Quick Reply: HO BOSH INJECTORS FROM THE DEALER??