Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

HO BOSH INJECTORS FROM THE DEALER??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HO BOSH INJECTORS FROM THE DEALER??

Just talked to the service manager at the dealer and he told me that they are looking at new Bosh injectors that add 75HP and increase MPG by 3 MPG. Cost is about $2000 installed and approved by Dodge and Cummins...anyone heard about this?? ??? ??? Sounds good but a little expencsive..the EZ is cheaper...
Old 05-16-2003, 11:12 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re:HO BOSH INJECTORS FROM THE DEALER??

What is an EZ and what does it do? Forgive me...I'm new at this diesel stuff.... :
Old 05-16-2003, 11:30 AM

EZ is a black box that you hook up and it increases the HP...BIG time...someone jump in here...I am not an expert on EZ..but some folks are running them and loving them..
Old 05-16-2003, 12:05 PM

The common rail ez is an electronic box that increases rail pressure. It is a plug in unit and comes with a boost elbow that takes about 10 minutes to install. It is adjustable via jumpers to produce a 40 to 70 hp increase. Im kind of wondering about the injector thing because everyone I have talked to says that an injector increase of that size pretty much requires a turbo it keep egts in check. You would also need some electronic changes because theres going to be more boost involved?
Old 05-16-2003, 12:25 PM

That dealer better watch his a$$. I know from experience. We have heard nothing about these so called injectors approved by Dodge/Cummins. And let me tell you, the Germans high up at DC are tightening up, any engine mods are gonna lead to a warranty mess. I have the HO/48re with 4.10 axle ratio in my truck and I pull heavier than most anyone on this board and I manage to get by, so why is it that people want to take a chance on voiding warranty's on these 30, 40, or $45k trucks? I dont get it. Mine runs like a raped ape just the way it is? :
Old 05-16-2003, 12:29 PM

From what I understand is the computer adjusts to the injectors. If they are rated from 3-10 the computer adjust all sid down to the level #3. This is just putting all injectors at the #10 level...same injectors just all rated at #10 instead of #3-#10...that's all. So that's why it will not void the warranty. No such thing as too much power or fuel mileage... :-X :-X
Old 05-16-2003, 12:44 PM

I think your dealer is full of poop. Anything that messes with the stock fuel system and parameters will void the warranty on your engine, period. Besides, these drivetrains can not handle any more power. We are pushing a ton of power through them all ready. Think of how far we've come since the introduction of the Cummins in the Dodge back in 1989. We had a whoping 160 hp and 400 ft. lbs of torque, and we thought that was amazing. Now we have almost double the horsepower and 155 more ft-lbs of torque. Why do we need more? If 305/555 is not enough to suit you get a bigger truck, such as a Freightliner Sportchassis.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:09 PM

I think thats a little harsh Luke. Hopping up cars, trucks or whatever has been going on since they were invented. I can tell you that putting the ez in my truck improved seat of the pants and vastly improved towing my boat. Like most people I am pretty confident that I know exactly what I want. I wanted that. Do I expect DC to cover something under warranty because something I installed caused or contributed to the problem? No. I"m my own warranty station in such cases. Do i expect DC to cover something that broke that had nothing to do with a part that I installed? Yes. Using an unrelated bomb to dismiss warranty coverage isnt legal and I wont accept it. And lastly, have I fought DC over warranty coverage under just such a situation? Yes. I won and it wasnt nearly as hard as DC/dealers would like for people to believe.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:59 PM

Crabman:<br> You said the EZ increased line pressure for more power. At 23K PSI I think that is pretty high. I'm not sure the fuel lines will take much more. I thought on the 03 trucks the idea was to change the injector fuel timing. A different pluse?<br><br> Just a thought?<br><br>..Preston..
Old 05-16-2003, 03:02 PM

&quot;Pull heavier than most.&quot; <br><br> That's true, except, I'm not most. <br><br>You should wait until you get a Set of EGR brakes on your truck and put 500 HP to the ground. Your truck will turn into one mean towing machine.<br><br>I'm grossing at 27,000-32,000 pounds and my truck has never pulled better. My EGT's are on the limit, and my boost is pretty high. My clutch is handling it.<br><br>I agree about warrentee. I am not in business to sell to people who are completely satisifed with a stock truck. I sell to people like me. I dyno'd at 457RWHP and my 1/4 times estimate within 2HP of 500RWHP. <br><br> When I'm running max HP grossing at 30,000 pounds at 80MPH this truck has some serious twist in it, and I couldn't be happier. The sound of Dual Striaght piped stacks, a Mega Cannon air filter, and injectors big enough to put me in a mental institute, make me as giddy as Bozo the clown getting a pay raise.<br><br>Luke,<br>I'm glad you are happy with your truck. My Dad was happy with his truck, he left it stock because &quot;That's the best way to do it&quot; Well,, We are getting it towed into the dealer today. He went 50mileson a 1/4 tank and then ran out of fuel. I had him check his oil,, all Diesel. No more oil in the crank, and the crankcase was overflowing with diesel fuel. If he would have had gauges, he would have caught it.<br><br>I personally feel that stock is not the best way to go, and alot of dealers over-react to modifications.<br><br>You do what you want, more power to you, but for me, BOMBed is much better. I couldn't live with a stock truck.<br><br>Just my $.04 <br><br>Merrick Cummings Jr
Old 05-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Banned

[quote author=MCummings link=board=17;threadid=14801;start=0#138957 date=1053115355]<br>&quot;Pull heavier than most.&quot; <br><br> That's true, except, I'm not most. <br><br>You should wait until you get a Set of EGR brakes on your truck and put 500 HP to the ground. Your truck will turn into one mean towing machine.<br><br>I'm grossing at 27,000-32,000 pounds and my truck has never pulled better. My EGT's are on the limit, and my boost is pretty high. My clutch is handling it.<br><br>I agree about warrentee. I am not in business to sell to people who are completely satisifed with a stock truck. I sell to people like me. I dyno'd at 457RWHP and my 1/4 times estimate within 2HP of 500RWHP. <br><br> When I'm running max HP grossing at 30,000 pounds at 80MPH this truck has some serious twist in it, and I couldn't be happier. The sound of Dual Striaght piped stacks, a Mega Cannon air filter, and injectors big enough to put me in a mental institute, make me as giddy as Bozo the clown getting a pay raise.<br><br>Luke,<br>I'm glad you are happy with your truck. My Dad was happy with his truck, he left it stock because &quot;That's the best way to do it&quot; Well,, We are getting it towed into the dealer today. He went 50mileson a 1/4 tank and then ran out of fuel. I had him check his oil,, all Diesel. No more oil in the crank, and the crankcase was overflowing with diesel fuel. If he would have had gauges, he would have caught it.<br><br>I personally feel that stock is not the best way to go, and alot of dealers over-react to modifications.<br><br>You do what you want, more power to you, but for me, BOMBed is much better. I couldn't live with a stock truck.<br><br>Just my $.04 <br><br>Merrick Cummings Jr<br>[/quote]<br><br>Your dad have a Powerstroke or a Cummins with a crankcase full of fuel????
Old 05-16-2003, 03:26 PM

TST soon and Edge 2 or 3 months down the road will have timing/pulse width boxes available. These will be stackable with the rail pressure boxes. Quadzilla has a combo box (timing and rail pressure) out now and Bully dog has one that should be hitting shortly. I dont know if those are adjusting pulse width as well or not. As far as the ez goes there is a little room there for more pressure, something the aftermarket is taking advantage of now, and DC may in the future.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:31 PM

I'm going to side with Luke on this one. If you are running well beyond the rating of the vehicle, you're tempting fate with an unsafe rig. If you want to hop it up for a drag strip, fine, do as you wish. Anyone who wants to tow twice the rated load these trucks are made for is trying to run close to the limit of a Freightliner FL70, and should probably really be running a FL106 for the job. 30K+ lbs of trailer and cargo is in the tractor class vehicle. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:33 PM

[quote author=turbo thom link=board=17;threadid=14801;start=0#138954 date=1053115191]<br> Crabman:<br> You said the EZ increased line pressure for more power. At 23K PSI I think that is pretty high. I'm not sure the fuel lines will take much more. I thought on the 03 trucks the idea was to change the injector fuel timing. [/quote]<br><br>I have the EZ and I've run it all the way to level 6 with no issues. I get the best increase in mileage at level 3. My opinion is that if raising rail pressure gives you better mileage then there's obviously some room for improvement. Also, the ECM changes the timing in response to higher rail pressure.<br>
Old 05-16-2003, 03:52 PM

[quote author=spots link=board=17;threadid=14801;start=0#138962 date=1053116253]Your dad have a Powerstroke or a Cummins with a crankcase full of fuel????<br>[/quote]<br><br>Neither. It's a problem with the Duramx's. Needles to say, when this truck hits 100K it's not going to at our house anymore. We are around 67K right now.<br><br>Merrick Cummings Jr<br><br>P.S. but we might get another one... Should we dare try a 6.0PSD and see how many times it'll go back to the shop?

Quick Reply: HO BOSH INJECTORS FROM THE DEALER??