Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Higher flowing fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Higher flowing fuel lines

I have a 2001 24v. and want to upgrade my fuel lines to something thats not so restrictive as the stock fuel system. Should I go to An. type fitting and lines or are there some fittings that let you use tapped banjo's with larger diameter fuel lines? I have some tapped banjo's from geno's allready so if I could use these with some higher flowing lines that would be great, But should I just ditch the banjo's alltogether and go with An.? I did a search but didn't find any answers. thanks.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:44 PM

You did a search???

How about this:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=59699
Old 01-28-2005, 09:06 AM

Thanks Dr.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fuel lines

If one is looking for larger lines can't one go to the Swedge lock ( probably not spelt right) and go to larger lines from there? Somthing I have thought about but can't burn the fuel flowing throught the lines that I have now!!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Go to Scotty Air Systems' site (DTR advertiser).........He makes the Scotty Smart Fuel kit that replaces the lines and fittings with some serious high flow stuff.........many guys here use the kit and are happy with the results.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
..........didn't bother reading the link posted earlier........the doc got you on the right track
Old 01-28-2005, 09:39 PM

Re: fuel lines

Originally posted by neveragain
If one is looking for larger lines can't one go to the Swedge lock ( probably not spelt right) and go to larger lines from there? Somthing I have thought about but can't burn the fuel flowing throught the lines that I have now!!!!

The parts catalouges at work dont show a listing for a 12mm ORB to a -6jic for Swedgelock, however Aeroquip sells one. From what Scotty says though his High flow kit includes fittings that will flow more than the standard Aeroquip fittings.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:27 PM

I have the high flow lines, they did work to solve the fuel problem, but dont expect to ever be able to take them off......
Old 01-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Check the pix in my gallery...it shows a comparison of my fittings to the 'other' metric fittings.
-8 too.

Recently I have had several individuals order after pricing the parts through Summit.

Push locks will only come off if you cut the hose. Never clamp them either.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...cat/500/page/1
Old 01-30-2005, 12:11 AM

Cool Great service!

I talked to Scotty this afternoon about his fuel sytem and I ended up ordering on for my truck. Thanks again to Scotty for taking the time to call me on his own dime and to answer all my questions about the system. Now that's what I call customer service! Thanks Scotty, Chuck.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:32 AM

I just don't understand how Push locks work?? Didn't think the barbs offered that much grip?? Thought under pressure the hose would expand and be more likely to come off? Its prolly jusy me but I like seeing some sort of clamping on lines. I'm prolly gonna get the Scotty lines also, but planning on a aux pusher pump at the same time.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:00 AM

Those push loc fittings wont come off. I have tried to pull them off and it dont work. When I inistalled a kit from Scotty(one of his first..if not his first) the truck owner and I tried to pull the hose off the fitting. Needless to say..it didnt move. I talked to an Areoquip rep and he told me that if you were to anchor the fitting to something solid and pull on the hose..the hose would pull apart before the hose would come off the fitting.
Tell you how much I trust this connection. I ran the 1/4" Areoquip line inside the truck and connected it to the fuel pressure gauge. Yes inside the truck! I have the gauge mounted under the dash next to the 4X4 shifter so I can keep an eye on that fitting. It has been on there for year now and no sign of a leak.
Believe me when I tell you this system is a cake walk to install. It took me about 2 hours to install because I was taking pictures for the installation instructions for Scotty.

Rick
Old 01-30-2005, 12:21 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I thought the same way...I figured it MUST have a clamp.

I compete in strongman comps and so I decided to TEST the push locks.

I put the fitting in the vice with the hose attached. I had a 4ft length of hose...grabbed hold and well, dragged the workbench 3ft. Workbench is near the 400 pound range.

Then Aeroquip tells me its good for at least 200 PSI.

I get folks wanting to put a clamp on...do not. Its going to wreck the hose on the barbs.

Push lock hose is different compared to the softer and cheaper hoses not designed for this application.

I think I tested it better then Little Ricky.

Scotty
Old 01-30-2005, 06:19 PM

We use Areoquip Push lock stuff at work for air lines (135psi) and the only time we ever had a leak is when the hose is not pushed on all the way to the yellow plastic collar. Will not leak if installed right, period!
Old 01-30-2005, 07:06 PM

I just installed my max flow kit this afternoon! This kit is worth every penny. I could pull my fp down to 6 psi with a new lift pump at wot with the mods listed in my sig. After the install I can pull it down to 10 psi @ wot! I'm very happy with the kit. Phil

Quick Reply: Higher flowing fuel lines