Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

High Tech HTB2

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting excited, had this truck Bombed almost 6 years now and this is my first turbo.

Guess I'm a Boost Virgin.

DB
Old 08-05-2004, 12:26 PM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You'll be a now that you've popped your Cherry

I want to hear more on this one since you'll probably become a Boost junkie. Might have to stack this baby
Old 08-06-2004, 07:39 PM

So far no good guys.

The waste gated version will not fit. I had to take the shock mount out to get the turbo in and then the actuator still rubbed the mount. High Tech is shipping me a new non waste gated model and I'm shipping the waste gated one back.

So I'm still running the old 35.

DB
Old 08-09-2004, 11:16 PM

I am considering this turbo also so keep us informed.

Thanks Jared
Old 08-10-2004, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got my HTB2 installed this morning and put 6 miles on it. It spools as good as my hybrid HX35 w/14 cm housing on the low end and builds max boost faster and higher than my PDR HX40. There's definately less smoke than with either Holset. Don't know about EGTs yet.

Paul at High Tech has modified the waste gate to be an inch shorter so that it clears the shock tower. It is also now adjustable. Mine is set at 38 lbs and easily hit that during the short test drive.

Hardest part of the install was building a down pipe. I didn't want to modify my HX40 pipe. But it would be easy to weld the turbo flange on a HX40 down pipe if you're looking for a quick easy way to do it.

I am impressed with this turbo!
Old 08-10-2004, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by Bart Timothy
Hardest part of the install was building a down pipe. I didn't want to modify my HX40 pipe. But it would be easy to weld the turbo flange on a HX40 down pipe if you're looking for a quick easy way to do it.
What size of flange comes with the turbo? HX35?
Old 08-10-2004, 12:34 PM

Just got my HTB2 installed this morning and put 6 miles on it. It spools as good as my hybrid HX35 w/14 cm housing on the low end and builds max boost faster and higher than my PDR HX40. There's definately less smoke than with either Holset. Don't know about EGTs yet.

Paul at High Tech has modified the waste gate to be an inch shorter so that it clears the shock tower. It is also now adjustable. Mine is set at 38 lbs and easily hit that during the short test drive.

That's it just rubb it in man.

Mine should be here mid week, I'm gonna use a 45* and weld the flange to that for my down pipe. I'm pretty sure it will work out okay.

Glad you're happy,

DB
Old 08-10-2004, 12:40 PM

Location: Used to be missoula, montana: Now in Sonoma County California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What Mods are you running and on what configuration. Keep us posted on how this thing tows
Old 08-10-2004, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by DarrellB
That's it just rubb it in man.

Mine should be here mid week, I'm gonna use a 45* and weld the flange to that for my down pipe. I'm pretty sure it will work out okay.

DB
A 45* on the top and 60* on the bottom, with a little tweaking, worked out well in making a complete down pipe. Mine looks just as good as any prefabricated unit that comes with an exhaust system. Welding a 45*, with flange, to the stock down pipe will also work.

I'm into my down pipe about $32, including the 4" band clamp. The reason High Tech is expensive on their flange and band clamp is they haven't been able to find the parts anywhere else except Cummins. With the information I gave them today, that may change.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:10 PM

I'm gonna use the 45* with the flange welded to it then a band clamp to my 4" down pipe. Thanks for the info though, I wasn't quite sure if it was gonna work out or not. I have also found another place that carrys that flange and clamp, it's a little cheaper than the one HT sells to. I should have about $18 in my down pipe so it's not as big of a deal as I thought it was gonna be, just took a little work to find a 4" pipe supplier.

Can't wait, gonna pull the truck this weekend so hopefully I can get the turbo on and a little breakin time under it's bearings before then.

DB
Old 08-11-2004, 05:07 PM

Any results yet? Anybody have a list for the parts for the down pipe? And where to get them?

Jared
Old 08-11-2004, 05:38 PM
DTR Advertiser

This little turbo sounds kinda cool. I would like to know more as well.

Don~
Old 08-11-2004, 05:38 PM

Has anybody put one of these on a 12v?

Sounds like a great single for the 475hp level.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:45 PM

I'm also curious to know if these turbos have been tested on a 12 valve. I noticed the website said they are for 24v and newer, but why cant you put one on a 12v? The last thing we need to do is to start discriminating!

Quick Reply: High Tech HTB2