Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

high performance clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
high performance clutch

hey guys iam starting to look for a new clutch for my truck what are some of the brand names you guys use. iam looking for something that will be able to handle burnouts and pulling and all of my modafactions.
thanks Scotty
Old 07-08-2006, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ct2500
hey guys iam starting to look for a new clutch for my truck what are some of the brand names you guys use. iam looking for something that will be able to handle burnouts and pulling and all of my modafactions.
thanks Scotty

Valair Inc..

Look them up on ebay, (type in dodge ceramic clutch) on the search function, navigate their store and get one! SURPRISINGLY grippy for their cost... I have driven a truck (500 horses i estimate) with one of their clutches. (01 24V TST/Smarty stack, Killer B2, and mach 4's, as i recall) and i couldnt slip it for the life of me...

Somethin to look at if you are in the market. Avoid anything about Centerforce, cause i had one and 15K later, it went Caput, this Valair clutch tho, WOW!!.... I cant wait to get mine in..

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...Ceramic+clutch

Rick
Old 07-08-2006, 08:21 PM

Depends on what your going to do. For normall street driving South Bend makes the Con OFE wich is a good clutch. If you get into sled pulling or drag racing then your gonna want a dull disk, Southbend, Haisleys, EEP all makes good double disk clutches.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:46 AM

I agree with the valair clutch. Bought one two weeks ago works awesome. Last weekend at the truck pull put comp on 5x5 with my dd3's and 3 4-low and that baby hooked (took first out of 16 trucks not stock either) It evens hooks good with the 28' trailer. I am impressed
Old 07-09-2006, 10:48 AM

South Bend is the biggest name in performance clutches for our trucks. Haisley is another very good one. These are the only 2 I'll mention since I have personal experience with the SB and another friend has the Haisley and it is a doggone good clutch too. Can't go wrong with either.

Biggest thing you'll need to do is estimate your horsepower goals and what you want to do: pull trailer, drag race, sled pull, etc and call the supplier and see which one they recommend for the hp and application. Make sure you don't underestimate your power goal like I did.

Good luck, Matt
Old 07-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Registered

cant go wrong with south bend. thats where i got mine and i cant slip it at all. Of course, i didnt expect to be able to.

need more power!
Old 07-09-2006, 11:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackdiesel02
cant go wrong with south bend. thats where i got mine and i cant slip it at all. Of course, i didnt expect to be able to.

need more power!

From what ive read..

and understood on here, A dual disk although slow shiftin, rattly and kinda painful to drive at times, is seemingly indestructible at 500-600 rwhp or less, Not so sure bout anything higher than that tho, but im sure it will start to put a hurt on a dual disk..

Rick
Old 07-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TxDiesel007
From what ive read..

and understood on here, A dual disk although slow shiftin, rattly and kinda painful to drive at times, is seemingly indestructible at 500-600 rwhp or less, Not so sure bout anything higher than that tho, but im sure it will start to put a hurt on a dual disk..

Rick
hey rick, why would over 600 hurt a dual disk? lol im sure it would start to hurt mine lol. they make these things pretty BIG. example, sbc IRON GIANT

oh rick, lol i blew my slave cylinder today
Old 07-09-2006, 07:32 PM

call josh at woodruff diesel he can get you set up with his double disk or ask for bobs single disk it all depends what you want to do with your truck but he will ask you and help you decide! his dbl disk that i run was alot cheaper than sb eep mcloud or haisley but he showed me all the weak points and thats what they designed the clutch to eliminate!! he is the best when it comes to customer service tell him ben referred you!!