Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

High Flow Connector Tubes - 24v

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Flow Connector Tubes - 24v

Just wondering if anyone has installed a set of these, I just saw them on Haisleys site and was wondering the benefits and necessity?
Old 09-14-2006, 12:39 AM

They work pretty well especially in a competitive situation.
I have seen them in action and can vouch for them!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:25 AM

i got a set of the 93s , no seat of the pants feel but there fun to have if u like the lope
Old 09-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Banned

at what point are they needed?

600hp, 700hp, more???
Old 09-14-2006, 09:31 AM

They're liable to make a mess of idle quality and cause some stalling when dropping the truck into gear. I'm not sure the minimal gain in power would be worth the drop in drivability The lope with the bigger lines sounds sweet, though!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Banned

Well, I can't speak from experience, but I will be able to in about three days. My buddy from IN is coming down this weekend to install my new turbo and injectors and he told me he is bringing a set of flow tubes with him. I didn't know anything about them until he mentioned it. He did tell me that it will lope but will really throw the HP to it. We'll, see. Those fellas up there always do good in the pulling competitions, so I'll trust them for now. If I don't like them, I can always pull 'em, right? Funny thing is, I don't even know what they look like! I guess I'll learn all about them Saturday morning. We are going to have a diesel truck upgrade day at my shop! YIPPEEEE!! I'll try to remember to post the results next Monday.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Banned

Won't do anything for horsepower at all. The VP can't flow at a high enough pressure to account for going to a bigger connector tube. You're actually going to be robbing it's ability to fully atomize the fuel because of the drop in injections pressure. Guarantee you this - if they made that bigof a difference I'd have had a set a long time ago.

Trending Topics

Old 09-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by redstreak
Won't do anything for horsepower at all. The VP can't flow at a high enough pressure to account for going to a bigger connector tube. You're actually going to be robbing it's ability to fully atomize the fuel because of the drop in injections pressure. Guarantee you this - if they made that bigof a difference I'd have had a set a long time ago.
Can they possibly damage the VP44 due to the drop in pressure? As long as they don't hurt anything, I don't mind him trying them, since he insist on them....and he stayed up late last night pulling them out of his buddies truck to give to me! What a guy.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Banned

Ok, boys. Here's the scoop. We installed all this stuff on Saturday including the "high flow connector tubes". It idled like a cow turd. It kind of resembles the lope of a old muscle car with a bad boy cam in it, but not consistantly, it just jumps and sputters and shakes the heck out of the whole truck. My wife likes it, my buddies like it, everyone likes it but me. I'm just thinking of my motor mounts and everything else that is getting the crap shook out of it. It stalls when down shifting and just basically runs like crapola. Now, on the other hand, you can freakin' smoke out an entire community of prarie dogs with them, but I still have more smoke than needed without them. And again, smoke is cool, but I'd rather use every ounce of it for power than show. So, if the fuel gets atomized better and I get more power out of the same amount of fuel without them, then that is what I'll do. I guess the only way to really know if to dyno a truck with and without them and see. I'm not that worried about it so I jerked them. If I had a truck that wasn't a daily driver, I'd probably leave them in, but I don't want to be waiting at stop lights wondering which miss is going to kill my truck.

My vote.... AXE THEM. NOT A FAN.

I'm sure Haisley Machine did their homework and they are a product that actaully adds to performance (somehow), if not they wouldn't sell them, but I didn't like them.

EDIT

I just talked to Haisley's about them. What happens is your computer doesn't know what to do with the extra fuel, so it stalls. In cometition while pouring the fuel to it, you might notice a difference, but not at low rpms and tooling around town. $.02
Old 09-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Banned

Excellent choice.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Banned

Ok. Let's re-think this thing.

After installing my Vulcan Performance Big Line kit and relocating my lift pump back on the frame by the fuel tank, my idle fuel pressure has increased from 13-14 to a solid 16 psi. With this being the only mod since I tried the high flow tubes and didn't like them like in the earlier posts, I put them back in. Sirprise, Sirprise, Sirprise (In my Gomer Pile voice and spelled with an "i"). Idle is smooth as a babies butt with them in. This being on level 2-2 on attitude, if I bump it to 5-5, I do get a little bit of a lope, but not anywhere near what it was before. Now, I just put them back last night after the lift pump kit and I'll give them a week before I make my final decision to leave them in, but I can tell you that I honestly think it fuels harder at the top end with them in. Now, this is not dynoed or track tested, just my gut feeling by knowing my truck and how it responds. I think they help at the top. Well see. So, if anyone is still researching them and doesn't like the horrible idle, do a fuel mod and that should clear it up....it did on my truck. Peace.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Banned

Ok. After serveral more days of experimenting with these flow tubes, I can honestly say that I think the bad idle is related to engine temp. If the truck is cold or has been off for an hour or two, when I fire her up, it idles like a champ. Now, drive down the road and get her up to temp, idles starts having misses and jumps. The higher the power setting, the worse the idle. 2-2 shows a decent amount of lope that I can handle and that is where I usually drive it.

Now, can anyone provide reasons that engine temp would cause it to go south? I still may jerk them out again, I just can't make up my mind. I still say it is faster with them in at higher speeds, but no sufficient data to prove it. I might jerk them and see if my new and improved PSI due to the big line kit jumps even higher. That would be good to! Anyone? Anyone?

It sure would be great for someone from Haisley's to jump in this discussion and give some inside on the theory behind them! Hint hint!!!
Old 10-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Banned

first off 4x4 dually if get rid of them please let me know, in the near future ill be going to BIG injectors and may actually see the benefit of them, but would love to have the lope.

also with my TST competition on level 9 my truck will start and idle just fine on a cold morning (today was 33*) but when i get up to temperature i also get a slight stumble, rumble, lope and pop at idle from the extreme amount of fuel going in. i think when its cold out the engine doesnt completely burn all the fuel anyway, but once up to temp it is able to completely burn the higher amount of fuel (TST in my case, larger tubes in yours) and the idle becomes inconsistent. it doesnt hurt anything, just sounds kinda neat to me.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
first off 4x4 dually if get rid of them please let me know, in the near future ill be going to BIG injectors and may actually see the benefit of them, but would love to have the lope.

also with my TST competition on level 9 my truck will start and idle just fine on a cold morning (today was 33*) but when i get up to temperature i also get a slight stumble, rumble, lope and pop at idle from the extreme amount of fuel going in. i think when its cold out the engine doesnt completely burn all the fuel anyway, but once up to temp it is able to completely burn the higher amount of fuel (TST in my case, larger tubes in yours) and the idle becomes inconsistent. it doesnt hurt anything, just sounds kinda neat to me.
Gotcha. They are my buddies and he told me to send him which ever ones I didn't keep, high flow or stock. Sorry. I'd hook you up if I could. And congrats on the TOM poll! Good luck. I hooked you up with a vote!

I don't mind the rough idle, it is just the jerking around that the torqy motor gives the truck. It can't be good on motor mounts and everything that it shakes the heck out of.....like it is harder on it than I am with my foot in the pedal. O-well. Maybe it is ok! It must makes me nervous that my truck is about to die when it misses! I hate that feeling.