Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Here's a dumb??????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 01:25 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a dumb??????????

I did some more research on the pacbrake and it stats that it hooks to the ECM and detects when you are off the go peddle. What about if you own a stick, does it kick in between shifting? ECM should pick up that drop in rpm's. Or am I just missing something? ???<br><br><br>Note to members*: This member is on mussle relaxer's due to a back injury, and studying to hard for truck mod's! ;D
Old 03-14-2003, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Here's a dumb??????????

I do believe that's why there's usually a shifter mounted switch, so you can trun off the brake when you are rowing through the gears
Old 03-14-2003, 01:45 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:-[..You are correct its time for me to go to bed.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Negative on the reason for the stick mounted switch.<br>That switch is so you and turn in on instantly.<br>The original switching that comes with the brake has a 2-3 sec delay relay in it for that very reason. <br>Mine is on a 96 so there is no ECM to go through but I&quot;m sure the newer models have the same delay built in.<br>Alot of people add the stick mounted switch and leave out the relay. This is good only if no one else will be in your truck.<br>If someone drove your truck that didn't know any better and turned it on during acceration that is like blocking off your ex. pipe with a potato.<br>It can burn valves and blow out rings [ worst case ] either way it's no good.<br>I'm thinking of adding a stick mounted switch for a PANIC button, but leaving the delay for most everyday use.<br>I have seen times loaded where that 2-3 sec seemed like a lifetime. Like when some ricer cuts you off not considering you are grossing 30,000 lbs. <br>If I add a panic button I will have a switch to disable it just incase there is someone else in my truck.<br>I know how it is if there is a button someone Will push it to see what it does.<br><br>Hope this helps.<br>Sorry for the long post.<br><br> : Eddie : 8)