Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Help with selecting injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with selecting injectors

Ok.. I've decided to get new injectors. I had another post asking about 275 injectors but now I'm not sure which way to go. There seems to be plenty of choices. What's the best bang for the buck? Can someone please tell me what the differences are between 275's, BD2's, BD3's etc., etc. My sig tells how I'm set up now. What are stage 2 injectors?
Old 04-13-2003, 03:32 PM

Re:Help with selecting injectors

I had 275's (40hp) and upgraded to BD2's (80 hp). Combined with your Edge you will notice a nice difference. Stage 2 is just different company's designation for their +80hp injectors-Bully dog 2's, Diesel Dynamic 2's etc. Too bad you aren't closer, I'd let you drive mine to feel the difference.<br>Tim
Old 04-13-2003, 04:25 PM

Rattle How is it you have become a senior member and you do not know what stage II's are? Is the membership by age? Or is it by how long ago you joined? If so do you spend much time on this board? Or are you puling my leg? Well no matter. Stage II's are like DD II's or BD II's and step II's <br><br>Its all broken down in increase of HP at the injector. The break down is like this <br>Step I = 60HP <br>Step II = 80HP<br>Step III = 100HP<br>Step IV = 120HP<br>Step V = 180HP<br>Step VI = 200HP<br>Step VII = 220HP<br>Step VIII = 240HP <br><br>Most all have a core charge. OverFueled
Old 04-13-2003, 07:41 PM

[quote author=OverFueled link=board=7;threadid=13567;start=0#127669 date=1050269155]<br>Rattle How is it you have become a senior member and you do not know what stage II's are? Is the membership by age? Or is it by how long ago you joined? If so do you spend much time on this board? Or are you puling my leg? Well no matter. Stage II's are like DD II's or BD II's and step II's <br><br>Its all broken down in increase of HP at the injector. The break down is like this <br>Step I = 60HP <br>Step II = 80HP<br>Step III = 100HP<br>Step IV = 120HP<br>Step V = 180HP<br>Step VI = 200HP<br>Step VII = 220HP<br>Step VIII = 240HP <br><br>Most all have a core charge. OverFueled<br>[/quote]<br><br>Speaking of leg pulling. By age? If that were the case, I'd be an &quot;Ancient Member&quot;. I'm 53. That's about double the average age on here, I think. Seriously, it's taken from the amount of time you have been a member. Take a look at your membership number and then look at mine. They are assigned sequentially. Yes, I have been a member quite awhile and I used to check in at least once a day. Now it's more like every other day. As for not knowing what stage II's are, I guess that's just one thing I missed. I took delivery of my CTD in July, 2002. I have learned just about all I know about Diesel trucks from this site. Guys like you and the rest of the bunch on here have saved my bacon countless times.<br><br>Then again, I'm so old that maybe my memory is going. It's possible that I knew all about injectors but forgot it all! <br><br>Anyway, thanks for the information. Nice breakdown.<br><br>Gary<br>
Old 04-13-2003, 07:50 PM

Actually, it's the number of posts you've made, not how long you've been a member, or how much info you can spout. : If the latter were the case, I'd still be a &quot;Newbie&quot;. ;D
Old 04-13-2003, 07:56 PM

[quote author=Commatoze link=board=7;threadid=13567;start=0#127719 date=1050281429]<br>Actually, it's the number of posts you've made, not how long you've been a member, or how much info you can spout. : If the latter were the case, I'd still be a &quot;Newbie&quot;. ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>Commatoze,<br><br>Thanks for straightening me out there. I just looked at the membership numbers and drew a conclusion. &quot;Assume&quot;, we all know what that stands for. I guess it's because I ask so many questions. :
Old 04-13-2003, 09:17 PM

With your HO, the Stage 2 injectors are rated at +90hp.

You can make 'em smoke if you want. The won't if if you don't. I've actually gained mpg with DD2's over stock ;D Plus the fun factory has gone through the roof! With the Comp box, the roof has been blown off the fun house and mileage is STILL better than stock!!!

On a side note, my clutch started slipping with just the 2's, so pulling your trailer will probably dictate a new clutch sooner than later.

Exhaust temps will also be up even with the K&amp;N. Plan on drilling holes in the factory box or get a different air filter so you can take the air filter box out.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 04-14-2003, 12:22 PM

[quote author=OlBlue link=board=7;threadid=13567;start=0#127748 date=1050286670]<br>With your HO, the Stage 2 injectors are rated at +90hp.<br><br>You can make 'em smoke if you want. The won't if if you don't. I've actually gained mpg with DD2's over stock ;D Plus the fun factory has gone through the roof! With the Comp box, the roof has been blown off the fun house and mileage is STILL better than stock!!!<br><br>On a side note, my clutch started slipping with just the 2's, so pulling your trailer will probably dictate a new clutch sooner than later.<br><br>Exhaust temps will also be up even with the K&amp;N. Plan on drilling holes in the factory box or get a different air filter so you can take the air filter box out.<br><br>Good luck and have fun!<br>[/quote]<br><br>So where can I get DD2's and how much $?
Old 04-14-2003, 01:00 PM

Rattle, http://www.bluechipdiesel.com Step II 80 HP 499.00 If you tell him you talked to me I will cost you more. NO just kidden. please tell him if you want. OverFueled
Old 04-14-2003, 01:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

all stages 2 are not created equal <br><br>know what you are buying before you part with your cash
Old 04-14-2003, 06:25 PM

[quote author=Bob Wagner link=board=7;threadid=13567;start=0#127936 date=1050345764]<br>all stages 2 are not created equal <br><br>know what you are buying before you part with your cash<br>[/quote]<br><br>Bob,<br><br>That's why I started the thread. I am sort of in tune to the different stages now but wanted some input as to what experiences you guys have had. Thanks for the post.<br><br>GM<br>
Old 04-14-2003, 06:29 PM

Do you get more exhaust smoke after changing injectors? I've found that a little smoke is more effective on tailgaters than tapping the break.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:30 PM

Rattle, the bigger the injector the more smoke. The more fuel the higher the E.G.T. so add Air, HX-35,HX-40,B-1, HX-55 all cost more. Let me make this easy. This is a game you can not win. Cought in a loop<br><br>Diesel Truck Bombing simplified:<br><br>1. Install Pyro and other gauges. (to see)<br><br>2. Add fuel until EGT's get out of hand.<br><br>3. Add air until EGT's are &quot;under control&quot;.<br><br>4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until bankrupt or divorced. <br><br>5. Upgrade Tranny/Clutch and replace tires as necessary.<br><br>See, that's not hard. <br>
Old 04-14-2003, 07:54 PM

DD2's with an EZ is an unbeatable combination for towing. Stage III's and above would be to hot unless you changed turbo's.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:55 PM

overfueled...i like that formula

Quick Reply: Help with selecting injectors