Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Help Me Pick Some Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem isn't really money, though I can't really go hog wild (LOL), but time so I want to keep it simple. So I ordered a Fass 150/95 fuel setup today and will use the fuel line that comes with it for now. I also ordered a Smarty and deep pan for the trans today.

See I have to have all this done before July so I have to get this minor stuff done and then get to work on the trans. I'll probably order the parts for the trans next week.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:49 PM

Ok, so I haven't been sitting on my skinny butt doing nothing!

I've been running the Smarty on #3 for now until I get the trans beefed up, installed the gages and just finished the FASS system today and I built my own big line system. All -8 braided steal lines with XRP and some Areoquip fittings. The only thing that is not -8 is the adapter that fit's into the injection pump and it's a -6 size. -8 is 7/16" ID and -6 is 11/32" aprox.

Heres a few pics of my FASS instal

I'm going to move the hose to the inside of the mount and have to pry the body up a little to get the hose through with the fitting on it.

I put a tap point for a fuel pressure gage for later use

Old 05-21-2008, 08:57 PM

Heres an overview of the engine and the relays. I cut the FASS harness up and shortened/lengthened sections for a factory look install. The relay at the left is the one Dodge installed when they put the lift pump into the tank. I left all the wiring but bundled up the hot lead. The coil of blue wire is the unfinished trans temp wiring. Now on to trans work!

Old 05-26-2008, 10:17 PM

update

The FASS bracket is somewhat strong but I didn't like the fact that the L bracket was hanging off of one bed support and I was concerned that the bed support could crack over time. With my setup, being a long bed, the pump is mounted in between 2 bed supports so I made myself a 2nd L bracket out of 3/16" x 3" flat bar and linked the two brackets together. This is much stronger, as you can see!
Trans is next, really.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Install looks great, now since your a pro you should come help me with my big line kit.LOL The new bracket looks nice you do some pretty fancy fab work. See ya.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:23 PM

Hey I saw a rubber fuel line in those pics somewhere That spot is nice for adding relays isn't it...Nice looking work on the fuel system.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:00 PM

Thanks guys. Hey, that rubber hose is the return line lol. I have extra braided line so may be I'll replace it for you.

I blew my wad now and have a SunCoast converter and valvebody on the way.
I ordered the 2nd VB on this page>>http://www.suncoastconverters.com/do..._products.html
John at SunCoast says they use brand new VBs from dodge for the 48RE and adapt them for the 47RE. He says they work real nice.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:59 AM

Dang what a CLEAN truck underneath! You have never been to my house on a rainy day in the mud.....gravel and mud packed everywhere......
Old 05-29-2008, 08:59 PM

Thats sunny California for ya!
Old 06-08-2008, 10:53 PM

Up date again

Thursday night I put the truck on jack stands and pulled the valve body out, Friday night put the new Sun Coast VB in, Saturday night prepared to pull the trans with only 2 bell housing bolts and the cross member left. Today pulled the trans and put in the new Sun Coast converter. I'm burnt now!

I only drove it once so far and it drives much more to my liking but I need more seat time. Wednesday I'm going to hook up my gages and see if I need to make any adjustments to the throttle cable.

On a side note...That trans cross member was a MF to it get out and put back in. I used a 7' iron post hole digger (solid steel) to pry it out from between the frame rails and had to use a a jerry rigged contraption using a small bottle jack and a 2' length of 1 1/4" tubing to spread the frame rails to get it back in place!! Dodge must have a special tool! LOL!!